Did You Ever Notice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did You Ever Notice....

I'm just glad you're back. You are a valuable asset to this forum!!!!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Hey AA
      Yes we ALL need attention....it's the human survival thing.
      I'm reading a book titled "Getting The Love You Want".
      It is a guide for couples but I read that our "need" begins as soon as we are born.
      In a perfect world our moms and dads meet every need we have as soon as we express it. If our needs go unmet or delayed at that point, we begin to form some anxiety.
      If our caregivers do a fairly good job and hold ,feed and keep us dry, then we learn to trust that we are secure and safe.
      Some of us with what seems to be a larger need for comfort or attention, may have had caregivers with their own problems and were not able to devote the time to nuturing a child.
      This info really helped me to understand that I am one of these people who had "busy" parents.
      My husband of 43 years had parents that met his needs in a more healthy way.
      Soooooooo.......I am a "Fuser" and he is a "Isolater"....
      explains the differences we've had over the years.
      May also answer the question of why he can have a couple of drinks but I "need" more.. Just a thought.
      Glad you're back!
      Hope that was not TMI..

:lNancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

One2
        It has really opened my eyes .
        It's by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
        Published in about 1990.
        You may be able to find it at Amazon.com or one of the older book sellers online.
        It has exercises in the back for couples...which will never happen with my hubby, but it helps me understand "us" better.
        Nancy )
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Welcome back AA!
          :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
          AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Welcome back AA. I know exactly what you mean cos I get like that sometimes (often ) too. Glad you are back on board
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Love that book Southernbelle! A "must read" for sure!
              He and his wife do seminars around the country sometimes too. At last they used to. I heard they were really good.

ww

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Yep! Think I was having one of those moments today.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

I am glad you are back AA! I have always enjoyed your posts.

Lila

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

AA - glad you have returned. We all have those "me" times - I am guilty of it as well. You were missed - your posts are always thoughful and refreshing.

Kat
                    "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

AA - glad your back! It's okay to take a break here and there. Sometimes it just gets to be over wheming and you have to take a step outside for a breath of fresh air! I like your post about the selfish side of things. Every single human being has this trait - and we all have to work to be givers instead of takers. It's the "human" problem!! So good for you in desiring to reach outside of yourself to help others. That is when LIFE begins really being lived. But we have to balance it with "taking care" of ourselves. Remember what the airlines teach us .... PUT ON YOUR OWN OXYGEN MASK FIRST ... THEN HELP OTHERS PUT IT ON"

Glad your back!!
                      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Hey Buddy, I really can relate to your post. I for one can be so selfless at times and it is just a nice way to feel, but sometimes my neediness scares me.

I can be very self centered at times, sometimes I think its a way of self perservation and at others its when I have let alcohol interfere with my body and I feel it physically and mentally for a long time after overdoing it.

Sammys

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Nice to to see you AA, we all get self centered at times. Glad you didn't let it get in the way.
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Hi AA

Nice to see you back!

While I agree we can all be self-centered at times- maybe drinkers more than others- I know I can be, I don't actually think you were on that occasion.

However much we may enjoy a forum, we all get times where we need to pull back a bit- I sometimes find I am thinking more about the people here than my friends and people around me. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

I think of you now every time I eat eggs. Your eggs & alcohol post was excellent.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Did You Ever Notice....

Hi there AA !
                                I don't know what thread you are referring to, but wanted you to know that I have utmost respect for you and your views. You have always been rock solid in my book... Love your avator, is that you, you handsome fella you !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                                X