Thanks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!!!

I apprecte the immediate responses and am looking forward to chatting with you all in the future. Since I'm new to this, I need some input on how well some of the medications have worked for you all, ie: Topamax, Antabuse, Campral and Kudzu herb. I want to start immediately and would like to read some success stories. I've looked at some that are archived and have seen mixed results. If anyone out there is in the Boise, ID area let me know.mark54

Thanks!!!

Hi Mark and Welcome
    I am not from ID. I am from NH, but I wanted to welcome you. I find the L-Glutamine to be very helpful. I have been considering Topamax, but I am a bit afraid to take it without a doctors' supervision. I have no health insurance right now. I have heard good things about the kudzu. I may order that. I tried to buy it locally, but had no luck. I take a multivit, B-complex, Milk thistle, Calm Forte, Vit.D(for reasons not AL related), evening primrose oil, zinc, biotin, and selenium. The last three, I take because my hair falls out.lol. Thank God, I have lots.lol. Stick around. There are others who know alot more than I do.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Thanks!!!

Hi Mark,

I used to take the Topa (under Doc's supervision) and everyone reacts differently to meds but for me it was a life saver. I do also take all of the supp's listed in the book and I hace found the Kudzu and L-Glut essential to me being AF.

PM me if you want more info on the Topa.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks!!!

Welcome Mark!

I don't have any advice on the meds or supps. I am doing it old fashioned way. Best of luck to you and hope to hear from you soon.

Michaela
        :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
        AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Thanks!!!

Hi Mark, welcome to you! I take the kudzu and l glut for cravings and they work for me. I also take the all one, omega 369 vut c and b complex. If I am stressed or anxious I take gaba and true calm. I think these things have helped me immensley.
          Good luck!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks!!!

Hi Mark
            There are mixed results as we are all so different and have different levels and stages of AL problems (we sure cover the full spectrum of problem drinkers). If you start with reading the book you cant go wrong. Its only a little book and would only takes a couple of hours to read and you can download it from the site and read it on screen if you want. It will explain to you the importance of the supplements etc. The L-glut and Kudzu help with the cravings and they are not drugs so it seems you can take as much as you like.
            BH

Comment

Working...
            X