• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF ARMY- 10 September 2008

Thanks. Goning to cook them friday
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

one2many;406173 wrote: Vladders, what is Columbo curry?
      Nice!

LOL! Sorry don't know the ingredients but I know it has onions and peppers in.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Cymru - my dad was born in Cardiff!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I was born in the heath hospital and brought up in canton...the heart of Cardiff. Cardiff born and Cardiff bread and when i dies ill be Cardiff dead!!
          Cardiff is changing so much. The last 10 years have been unbelievable. The docks area which when i was a kid was a big no no, is now a busy bay with restaurants, 200,000flats and an amazing swimming pool complex!
          Where was your dad brought up Vlad?
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

All this food talk is making MY butt feel bigger, which is NOT the direction I am trying to go!!! But it all sounds so good... I just had some leftover chile for lunch WITH some of the leftover spicy fried corn mixed in. Very, very tasty. Plus a cookie.

I went to look at a "comfort care home," which is where I hope to be transferring my mother from the psych hospital. There are 4 other patients, it's a very nice house, each patient has her/his own bedroom, and there are two living/sitting rooms. Nice backyard they can go into, but the front door is kept locked. There's a Certified Medical Assistant there 24 hours a day, and a nurse (RN) who is there half time (she goes back and forth between the two houses). Meals are cooked in house and/or catered. They have a hairdresser who goes into the home, as well as a podiatrist and a physician. The owner/manager and the nurse seemed to think my mother is a good candidate. The nurse is going over to the psych hospital today to take a look at Mother and her chart. If they accept her, I guess I will be moving her over there on Friday...

This is so hard, making decisions for my mother about her life, making choices that she would never make, for herself. But it's necessary.

wip

Comment

Your being very strong wip, and I think what your doing for your mum is def the right thing from what ive read. Keeping sober makes these choices so much clearer and conciece. Your clearing those plates, and keeping on top of things, which is what im trying to learn to do.
              What flavour cookie?!!
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

WIP-

It sounds like a perfect location- but as you say maybe not the choice she would make for herself.

Although it is not what she would chose personally I can't help but feel she will be happier there than if she were granted the choice.

My great grandmother was in a similar residence- she ruled the place and had all the old guys drooling over her. When she went in she was 89 and on her last legs (so everybody thought) but she got a second wind and died at 97.

God love her- I think she did away with a few other old timers though. She could be one hard lady

Comment

Im going to have my second bath of the day. And no, i dont have odour problems!! I find a nice hot bath helps me relax my body and mind and numbs the urges.
                  o2m, i was thinking of you in sainsbury's earlier. You have Sainsbury's in Ireland dont you? They have recipie card there for free for meals to make for under a fiver and they look really good. If you dont ill put them in the recipie section later.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cymru;406218 wrote: Im going to have my second bath of the day. And no, i dont have odour problems!! I find a nice hot bath helps me relax my body and mind and numbs the urges.
                    Sounds great. I only have a shower that I can only just stand up in- have to start saving. I would love to lie in a bath

Comment

WIP, I really feel for you trying to sort out your mum. My mum has been ill with cancer for the last 2 years and looking after her, helping her and making decisions is just SO hard. It should be the other way round, they should be looking after us shouldn't they?
                      It really does sound like you are doing great though, keeping your head together and coping. Really proud of you :h
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Cym, I got pissed in cardiff once. sure it was a lovely place if only I could remember it :H

One 2 I love baths too, sinking in you can feel the stress melt away. I was given some lovely posh Molton Brown bath gel for my birthday. It has to stand seperately from my usual skanky toiletries Lol.
                        Very jealous of your jacuzzi though

Comment

Starting- in my experience, they only are able to look after us for a while- then the tables turn!

When it happens if we were never looked after ourselves we don't know how to cope- no wonder we bloody drink

My parents never looked after me (I don't blame them- they had me far too young) but when I was around 30, they all of a sudden (although divorced for many years)they needed looking after- for completely different reasons.

:sigh:

Comment

Wow Marbella, how the hell did you cope? I really struggle with my mum. I have spent the last couple of years either feeling like a surrogate mother or feeling guilty. Its bloody horrible. Do you get on with your folks?

Comment

o.k. then, ill post them as the night goes on for you.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

oh, Marbella, StartingO, it's just so damned hard. I feel as if I am constantly in the middle of no-win situations... and of course I am, and I am sure each of you have been, too. I just have to give up the idea that there MUST be a "correct" decision to make at any of these many forks in the road. Just trying to avoid catastrophic decisions, knowing every choice will have some measure of suffering that goes along with it.

Marbella: here's a Barcelona image I found, I guess it is some windows Gaudi designed? Beautiful!

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X