AF Army September 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army September 11

I have the honour of starting this thread today. Lets see if we can beat 34 pages. 3 bloody 4. Wow.
    Hope those who had a crappy night last night are back with us today for help and support.
    Ill be writing out some more adventurous recipes for us all today.
    Any particular meat, fish, that you are looking to cook in a diff way, let me know and ill have a look though my pad to see if ive got one.
    Off to do my preping for a busy day in the 30 day kitchen!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

AF Army September 11

hello cymru, finally caught you, hope your day goes well,

just saying goodnight to the 11th
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

AF Army September 11

Have a good kip Zep. Speak later tnt. Your day go well? Feeling positive still?
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

Morning All, Private Marbella reporting in for duty.

I did actually work in an army camp once- in the kitchen! My mum knew the bloke who ran it and packed me and my sister off there when I was 15 during the summer holidays. We had to get up there at 6 am and finished around 11 pm- practically non stop.
        Because we were the youngest by far the others bullied us and put us on permanant sink duty- there were no dishwashers (well, there were, us) and the pots were as big as dustbins.

We got friendly with the guy who ran the NAAFI- and after around 7pm one could find us completely drunk. I remember trying to dish out curry in the sargeant's mess- (I think the only time we got of the sink duty) and I was too drunk to catch any pieces of meat with my ladle, so all this guy got was the sauce.

We did have some fun there though (only doing what WASN'T allowed, and came out with some money which we spent on clothes and booze).

Do you want me to be your kitchen help, CY?

No, I thought not. :H

Comment

AF Army September 11

Marbella, ive had a look at your c.v and was very impressed. I would like to make you my sous chef!!
          The hours are long, and we do get the odd burn from time to time, but the end product should be luuuuuuush!
          Just put a nice pud on the recipe thread
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

LOL probably wouldn't be any good at it- am veggie now and don't remember how to cook meat- in fact-I don't even have a kitchen where I live- just a sink!

Comment

AF Army September 11

o.k Mars, you can prep my veg in your sink and drain my sauces. No kitchen!! How do you cook?
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

No- no microwave- we have solar power, so it won't do a microwave- basically I don't cook- my BF has a camping stove and sometimes does himself a steak or something- I like it that way. I will have to post some pics of where I live- it's kind of alternative.

One second will look for some...

Comment

AF Army September 11

o2m very good. So what you cooking tnt?
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

Cottage pie? Ill put a recipe down on the thread.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

Hi all...sorry havent been around for ages...family crisis...plus broken a couple of ribs and my wrist ( no, wasnt drunk ) Finding a bit hard to type tho lol. On the upside I'm gonna be a grannny again YIPEEEE!!!!. You all seem to be doing good.
                      I used to work in kitchens for years ....love cooking.
                      Minty

Comment

AF Army September 11

Lol..Thanks o2o...eeehhh...I'm busted up at the mobut will soon mend..cottage pie sounds good to me too. Yum

Comment

AF Army September 11

Now I can't find the feckin camera- well for sure it will turn up at some point during the day

This is an old pic- later I will take some more detailed ones, we now have a small wooded cabin built in front of where you see the solar panel. We just keep adding bits to it- I am going to start saving for a jacuzzi bathroom. Luuuuusssshhh!

At the moment we live on the bit at the top, but eventually plan on doing up the hut at the bottom, which is about 25 sq. metres and could be made into a little apartment with an extension on the side.

Its a bit of a gypsy way to live, but I like it- nobody bothers us here! I will post some more recent pics when I find my camera

Comment

AF Army September 11

Hello minty. Nice to see a fellow food lover among us. We all seem to be on a bit of a cooking buzz at the mo, so its a good time to come back. Broken ribs are soooooo painfull
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

Here's another-

Comment

Working...
                              X