AF Army September 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army September 11

Good luck Gia and Chelle- so sorry to hear you are heaving stressful days- just remember drink WILL NOT make it better :no: :no: :no:

Comment

AF Army September 11

Checking in again - I slipped AGAIN last night. 5 beers. Not enough to get me drunk, but enough to ruin my AF. Oh well, work is coming this weekend, so I have to pull myself back up again. I hate that I slip, but I'm glad it's not to the point where I'm face down on the floor.

cymru;406710 wrote: I have the honour of starting this thread today. Lets see if we can beat 34 pages. 3 bloody 4. Wow.
      Hope those who had a crappy night last night are back with us today for help and support.
      Ill be writing out some more adventurous recipes for us all today.
      Any particular meat, fish, that you are looking to cook in a diff way, let me know and ill have a look though my pad to see if ive got one.
      Off to do my preping for a busy day in the 30 day kitchen!

Comment

AF Army September 11

Chelle,

I am so sorry about your Aunt. :l:l

Take some time to get away to yourself, meditate on peace and serenity a bit.

Get away from the stres long enough to get some strength back in your heart and soul.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Army September 11

Stace,

Get back up and dust off. The trick with the lapses is not to let them turn into a binge.

For today, stay sober. Don't even think about the weekend yet. Just today.

Pamper yourself, distract yourself, feel good about yourself....today.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Army September 11

Good morning everyone!
            Chelle, sorry about your loss. Sending prayers and hugs.
            Gia, just remember that you have the upper hand and remain strong.
            Chef, you are doing a wonderful job.
            O2M, you are your special self
            Marbella, love your gypsy pad. One of dogs is named Gipsy 'cause she showed up at our house on trash day...LOL!!
            DeeBee, is it day 42 for you? You rock!
            Starting, welcome back to the happy side!
            Cindi, you are so supportive and positive. I appreciate you so much!
            Vlad, where are you?
            Everyone, everyone, everyone - thanks for being here!!!
            :l
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 11

Wow, hey, y'all, this is overwhelming! Now that I am not getting up at 3:30 in the morning any more (VERY grateful for that!), I just can't keep up! I do know that I am just amazed by Marbella's place! Wondering, now: Marbella I think you said you load the dogs up in a van to take them to run every day; can't they run free where you are living? It looks so remote, and so wonderful!

cym your recipes are just wonderful! I love to cook! Hey do you read the Mark Bittman column in the New York Times ("The Minimalist" or "Bitten")? He posts some really good stuff. I read his blog just about every day. How about some recipes using fish?

StartingO glad you are feeling better! This is how it works... without the alcohol...

Good morning OneTwo, DB, everyone else, can't name everyone. I know some folks are having a hard time, just don't let it totally de-rail you, OK???

I had a nice dinner last night with a couple of old friends, and a young woman from China who is a law student here. Very interesting. She talked about what it's like to be growing up into young adulthood in China, post-cultural revolution, and specifically in the "search for meaning" part of life; many young people are very aware of the loss of much of the magnificent heritage of China, including their spirituality, and their great religions. I found myself explaining Buddhism to her (very weird!); she has become a Baptist here in the USA.

Another day dawns in dealing with Mother, and I teach my class, tonight.

Everyone have a good day!

wip

Comment

AF Army September 11

MORNIN TROOPS,I 've got a stressful day today.So many feel chaos because of 9/11 and hurricane IKE.I felt filled with self doubt,when I first woke up, but after my morning meditation I've came back to center and am filled with an inner peace.I pray that I can convey that feeling to everyone that I met,today...I will also arm myself with a nice strong pot of coffee.Hope that the caffeine won't keep me up tonight.I am finally starting to sleep well and I am so grateful for that...Hope the rest of you troops have a GREAT DAY..I will check in from time to time..PS. please no wise cracks about my new uniform.I can be very sensitive,especially about my horns.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

Good Morning (or afternoon) to the AF Army: Private New Day reporting for AF duty.
                  Too many posts again, but do want to say to Marabella --- it must be so peaceful living where you do. Not sure I could do without a kitchen though.
                  To those having a stressful day, gather strength from your comrades here --- I'm sure you can feel their support, even though we can't see them. I know I do.

I was pleased I was able to get to sleep (after a bit of tossing and turning) without any Valerian last night. Was afraid I was going to become dependent on those --- I know their not physically addictive, but more psychological dependency for me.

On with my AF day! Have a good one everyone.

Comment

AF Army September 11

Have to go out and face the public! Wish me luck..lol.

Comment

AF Army September 11

New Day, glad you got some sleep Now, you can assist Chef in the kitchen...LOL!! He is super busy today as our troop level continues to increase
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 11

Limers, praying for you!!!
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 11

Wey the feckin hey!!!! Am allowed to see my grandaughter again. Daughter in law has refused us for weeks but judge has gone our way YIPEEEEEEE!!!!
                          Good day all...I'm over the moon...happy happy.
                          Take care all xx

Comment

AF Army September 11

OK cym and all, this one sounds good!

September 10, 2008
                            RECIPES FOR HEALTH
                            Twice-Baked Bread With Tomato Topping

By MARTHA ROSE SHULMAN
                            This recipe is based on a number of Greek dishes made with barley rusks ? rock-hard, twice-baked barley bread slices that are sold in bakeries and reconstituted for salads and soups. You can make the rusks with any hearty country bread by drying out thick slices in a low oven. The authentic Greek version of this recipe employs much more olive oil and garlic. You can be more liberal, too, if you wish.

4 thick slices stale country bread

1/2 cup finely chopped red onion

1 pound firm, ripe tomatoes, grated (see below) or peeled, seeded and finely chopped

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon capers, rinsed

1 garlic clove, cut in half, green shoot removed, minced or pureed in a mortar and pestle

1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives

1 tablespoon chopped dill

Salt

2 ounces feta, crumbled

2 teaspoons dried oregano

Note: In Greece, cooks often grate tomatoes rather than peeling them. It?s a handy technique: Cut tomatoes in half, squeeze out the seeds, and rub the cut side against the large holes of a grater until you reach the skin. Discard the skin.

1. Do this step the night before if your bread isn?t hard all the way through. Preheat the oven to its lowest setting. If your oven has a pilot light, you needn?t turn it on. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and place in the oven for eight to 10 hours, until the bread is hard all the way through. Allow to cool.

2. Sprinkle the rusks with cold water until softened but not soggy. Tap off the water and set on a platter.

3. Place the chopped onions in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let sit for a few minutes, then drain and rinse. Drain on paper towels. Toss with the tomatoes, vinegar, two tablespoons of the olive oil, capers, garlic, onion, chopped olives and dill. Salt to taste. Spoon onto the rusks. Sprinkle on the feta and oregano, and drizzle on the remaining olive oil. Arrange on a platter or plates and serve.

Yield: Serves four

Advance preparation: The tomato topping can be made several hours before topping the rusks.

Comment

AF Army September 11

Minty, wonderful news!!!!!!! Grandkids are so special!!!!!
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 11

Sorry, totally out of this at the mo......need to do some catching up!!

Comment

Working...
                                X