AF Army September 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army September 11

Gia: you don't have to motivate anyone else today! Just take care of yourself. Don't drink. Focus on making the most effective choices you can, today, for you and for your family.

wip

Comment

AF Army September 11

Give me a day or two eh!

Comment

AF Army September 11

Happy for you, Minty!

wip

Comment

AF Army September 11

WIP, yummy!
          Your fried corn recipe was awesome last night with pork chops
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 11

Gia --- you're off duty today --- just march along with the rest of us for today. You don't need to add to your stress level by feeling you have to be motiviating us all every day! You do a fine job, but it's time for you to sit back a bit and put your energies into yourself for today. Stay with us, but just fall back into line and let everyone here give you the strength and confidence you need for today.

LTG --- okay, I'll report for kitchen duty!
            ... and thanks One2! Yes, I feel wonderful today again.

Comment

AF Army September 11

That's great LTG! Here's another one, I am getting into this, except it's kinda hard to use the Recipe Section here, I am too impatient. But this one sounds great. I will probably use regular thick-sliced bacon instead of pancetta, just a bit easier to find, I usually have some in the freezer:

September 10, 2008
              RECIPE
              Saut?ed Leeks With Chickpeas

Adapted from Marcella Hazan

Time: 1 hour 10 minutes

2 pounds leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 2-inch lengths

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 slice pancetta, about 1/2-inch thick (approximately 1/4 pound), cut into strips about 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide

1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked drained chickpeas

Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

1. Separate layers of leek segments that will come apart easily. Place leeks in a bowl of cold water and allow to soak for at least 20 minutes. Drain well.

2. Combine oil and pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat. Saut? pancetta until lightly browned. Add drained leeks and 3 tablespoons water. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until leeks become very soft and almost creamy, about 30 minutes; stir occasionally, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water when necessary to replenish liquid in pan.

3. Add chickpeas, turning them in the leeks to mix them well. Season to taste with salt and liberal grindings of pepper. Cover, increase heat to medium, and cook for 10 more minutes; stir occasionally to make sure leeks do not stick to pan and, if necessary, add a tablespoon or 2 of water.

4. Transfer contents of pan, with any juices, to a warm serving dish. This can be prepared up to 1 hour ahead of time; keep in pan and reheat slowly on stovetop before serving.

Yield: 6 servings.

Comment

AF Army September 11

Anybody got ideas on what to do with a bumper crop of muscadine grapes???I used to make wine,now what??I will do jelly and I have a recipe for GRAPE ICE but there are tons of them and they are gonna turn into wine by themselves if i don't cook them up soon.Maybe I can just throw them in the freezer whole and deal with them later.I hate waste,especially something that we grew ourselves with care and love..
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

AF Army September 11

A Work in Progress;406880 wrote: Wow, hey, y'all, this is overwhelming! Now that I am not getting up at 3:30 in the morning any more (VERY grateful for that!), I just can't keep up! I do know that I am just amazed by Marbella's place! Wondering, now: Marbella I think you said you load the dogs up in a van to take them to run every day; can't they run free where you are living? It looks so remote, and so wonderful!

wip
                  The property is fenced off- not so much for the dogs getting out but to stop others coming in. I also have 2 cats, and one of my cats disappeared a short while after moving here- never to be seen again, so I have to be careful about that- also there are loads of rabbits around- and I don't really want my dogs to go off chasing them.

Other than that, they love to go out in the van and I walk my ex's 3 dogs everyday as well, so we all go together as it is more fun for them that way. The odd day that I don't take them altogether they don't seem as settled for the rest of the day!

I wonder where Vlad is. Hope all is well???

Comment

AF Army September 11

evielou;406919 wrote: Anybody got ideas on what to do with a bumper crop of muscadine grapes???I used to make wine,now what??I will do jelly and I have a recipe for GRAPE ICE but there are tons of them and they are gonna turn into wine by themselves if i don't cook them up soon.Maybe I can just throw them in the freezer whole and deal with them later.I hate waste,especially something that we grew ourselves with care and love..
                    Hmmm...wish I lived near you, I would help you out

What about juicing them, and freezing it in plastic bottles? I love natural grape juice (not so fond of the pasteurized variety) and it is full of nutrients and vitamins.

I don't think freezing takes much away from it, indeed if anything at all.

Comment

AF Army September 11

By the way ONE2 I am HORNY and I even bought a helmet like that while in Sweden..It has big horns and long Blondie braids.My Teddy is wearing right now,as we speak.I do put it on as a signal to Hubby that I am horny.I love to sneak it on when he is tied up with people for the day and watch the expression on his face.When he is done with work and calls me on it...I say (OH NO,I GUESS THE MOOD HAS PAST)..i've had alot of fun with that helmet..As so us it when I am teaching classes as a DUNCE CAP...I often end up being the one standing in the corner,wearing it...

Comment

AF Army September 11

Thanks MARBELLA,Juicing is a GREAT IDEA...Then I can decide later if I want to make more jelly or just drink it.I don't know if freezing raw will change the flavor.I'm gonna try a few for future info...

Comment

AF Army September 11

ONE2,A viking helmet would only serve to enhance the flannel effect..Gotta go to work now..Check ya later..

Comment

AF Army September 11

I have frozen raw juice it the past and it seems to defrost just fine- I think if you freeze it immediately after juicing just about all the ntrients and goodness remains intact.

Comment

AF Army September 11

For those feeling not so strong...

A song by Reba McEntyre:

My world revolved around you
                              Every word was a promise I was hangin' on
                              Swept up inside a whirlwind
                              I just couldn't see the end till you were gone
                              Oh I thought I would fall apart
                              With shattered dreams and a broken heart
                              Scramblin' in the dark

Chorus:
                              How was I to know
                              That I'd be OK
                              Thought I'd lose it all when you walked away
                              How was I to know
                              I would be this strong
                              I had what it takes all along
                              How was I to know?

What I was so afraid of
                              Turned out to be my freedom in disguise
                              Now I know what I'm made of
                              Guess it just took some time to realize
                              Oh I was blind I couldn't tell
                              Put too much faith in someone else
                              I gave up on myself

How was I to know
                              That I'd be ok
                              Thought I'd loose it all when you walked away
                              How was I to know
                              I would be this strong
                              How was I to know

How was I to know
                              That I'd be ok
                              Thought I'd loose it all when you walked away
                              How was I to know
                              I would be this strong
                              How was I to know

How was I to know
                              :h
                              I think I'll add this to my Treasure Mapping
                              :l
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 11

Good Morning Troops,
                                Things going well here; gotta jump in the shower and get to work. I'll check in later. Thanks to Cym for starting the thread and or course, for taking good care of our kitchen! Kriger
                                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X