September 11th, where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was down town at the government complex applying for a building permit.In the elevator a gov.man I knew said why bother building anything...World war 3 has just started and we are all doomed.He then told me that terrorist had attacked America.I tried to calm him down but nothing work.I just could not get my mind wrapped around it until i watch it unfold on TV..then it got personal because I had a relative working at the pentagon at that time...
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I was working in a newsroom (in Europe) at the time. I left early to pick up kids at nursery school. As I was getting into the car, my colleague calls and says, "Where the hell are you! The world is falling apart!"

I happen to have a TV in my car (not so unusual in Europe), so I switched it on just in time to watch the second tower get hit live... I don't know how I managed to drive to the nursery school and don't remember it, but when I arrived, I must have looked so shocked that everyone crowded round and asked what was the matter (they hadn't heard yet). I was speechless.

I used to work right near the WTC and had been to meetings there many times there. I calculated in my head how many people worked on each floor and figured at least 10,000 must have been killed. If the planes had hit half-hour later, I'm afraid it might have been that many. So, there are some small miracles to be found among the tragedy.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Yes, I remember in the first confusing days there was speculation that as many as 10,000 people might have been killed ...
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

yes , I remember been terrified that world war three was going to start. It was the most unsettling thing I have ever felt.

Comment

I was at work waiting for my publisher to come in. Luckily they were coming into our offices in PA, otherwise I would have been about a block from the WTC that morning. God was with me. One of my collegues came running into my office and pulled me over to the television in his office. We sat there transfixed. I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't look away. My clients came in, and one of their ex-husbands worked in the South Tower. I have never seen a look like that on anyone's face - like we were watching him die on network television. She franctially called his cell. He was late that day and did not go into his office. We never had the meeting. We sat for three hours in that office. Silent and crying. I left work to go hug my children. I swear I hugged them and cried for hours. Two weeks later I had to head to NY for a meeting. On the ride there, the train came to a standstill as we were going through the tunnel under Manhattan. It was completely silent. Completely. Silent. No one said ONE word what seemed forever. I was terrified and praying. A woman I did not know reached over to me and took my hand and we sat there in the eerie orange glow of the tunnel until the train started up again. I was not the same for weeks and refused to go back to NY for months. It was horrible. I still do not like going to NY to this day.
            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

I had gotten off my midnight shift and was watching "Good Morning America" heard Charlie Gibson not beleve what he was seeing. He even suggested that a plane had blown up behind the Twin Towers. Then our local station cut in and told us about the Pentagon Flights 93 and 77.. IAD.
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

I was preparing for a trip to Baltimore. I had won an award and my hubby was trying to get last minute tickets to go along.

I work for the govmt and that day all we did was watch the tv in the breakroom. It was so surreal. I tear up now just thinking of it.

Comment

Thanks for this thread Limers :h
                  :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Have you forgotten?

I think this is the song.

I was drinking a cup of coffee and watching a morning show.
                    My hubby didn't believe me and wouldn't come inside when I told him what was happening. I got on the phone and checked on where all my children were....

:lNancy

[ame= ]YouTube - Darryl Worley - Have You Forgotten[/ame]
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Bambi....is this the song?

[ame= ]YouTube - Alan Jackson - Where Were You (Live Video)[/ame]

Comment

i was working and thot it was a bruce willis movie,wasnt surprised,not somthing tht i wanted to see,more detailed now, you can watch anything on tv,politics,would americans even be over there if there was nothing to gain,lot of wasted lifes,as of rt now many canadians and other nationanalities have been lost,, but all in vain,hope u arent angry at me for this quote gyco

Comment

Gyco Check out this message from someone who's been there...
                          Not angry......Just sad that so many don't understand the "big picture".

[ame= ]YouTube - Dear Mr. Obama[/ame]

Comment

I had a mtg with the feds that day for business. It was, of course, canceled. I was glued to the couch flipping channels all day for full coverage. I have slept with the tv on every night since.

Comment

We were just getting up that morning, Hubby came rushing into the bedroom & told me to come look at the news.
                              I came into the living room just in time to see the second plane hit the tower.
                              I sat glued to tube the rest of that rainy day...in disbelief.

[ame= ]YouTube - Toby Keith-courtesy of the Red White and Blue(war in iraq)[/ame]

My nephw is home visiting right now from Iraq.
                              We're hoping he can get an extention on his leave for Grandma's funeral.
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

[ame= ]YouTube - Military Tribute. "When you Come Back to Me Again"[/ame]
                                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                                X