Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army 12th September 2008

Vladders...are you growling??
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hey, good morning all... congrats Marb and it sounds as if everyone is feeling pretty good, at least!

Had a good class last night, but before that spent most of the day horsing around with Mother's arrangements for the next step After the Psych Hospital. Very sadly decided she just cannot go home, because there is no question (in my mind and also in the judgement of the Care Manager I hired) that she would once again stop taking her medication, fire or try to fire the caregivers. I feel awful about it because I know she wants to go home.... at the same time, I know that when she IS at her own home, she is quite a handful and does not seem genuinely happy, at all. Complaining about everything. So, might as well have her complaining in a really good facility where there are people watching out for her, and people to talk to. Sort of. Not sure how well she will be able to talk with the other patients, I met one of the men, who was/is a Presbyterian minister, he seems pretty far gone, and just keeps announcing "Presbyterian! School of Theology!" and beaming! Not much conversational potential there, I am afraid. But we'll see.

I enjoyed the pics last night! The discussion of OneTwo's jabbers was... fascinating... cym you are a mighty cute fellow, and your little girls is beautiful; OneTwo your brother is a cutey, too, and the kids are just gorgeous.

I still haven't figured out how to post photos to the albums on MWO but here's a fairly recent one of me, on vacation at a cabin in the Ozarks (sorry it's huge, I cannot figure out how to re-size them!):[img][/IMG]

wip

Comment

Mornin WORK,Your a beautiful lady and I love the inlayed Zuni Bear..
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

That is one HUGE picture of you, WIP! Nice to see what you look like. Thanks for sharing.

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MANY PAGES THERE ARE TODAY!! It isn't even 6am here yet!!! I read this thread with my coffee in the early AM almost daily; and I can't keep up!!!

I am thankful it is Friday. Looong week and plain old too busy with getting organized with stuff and working/kids. I am going to sleep in tomorrow. Funny thing is that I seem to wake up early on the weekends with no problem naturally. The weekdays I wake up in a grog. (non al of course).

My big plans are getting hair done, and taking new car and family for a drive out of the city. Going up Island and buying some veggies from a farm market. We have them here; but thought it would be an adventure the kids would appreciate. Then go from there. No weird men to meet up with this weekend! hahaha.

Love you all. Have a wonderful day! Oh, and so sorry about your mom, WIP. It must be heart wrenching. At least she is safe and cared for.

Comment

wip...wot an awesome army snapshot!!!! i'm not scared of you anymore!!! :H

Comment

Good morning/afternoon everyone!
              :l
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

evielou;408197 wrote: Vladders...are you growling??
                The boss is frustrating me.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AFM, what car did you eventually choose - sorry if you have already posted but these threads are a mission to keep up with.

WIP, my images always come out tiny and yours are enormous... what are we doing wrong? Good luck with your Mom's move. I hope it all goes smoothly and she loves her new pad.

Hey LTG, I was thinking of you and TIT this morning. Has Ike affected you at all? What is happening out there?

Well I must run now. Going to fetch my sister to spend some quality bonding time together this weekend.

Enjoy the tunes tonight and have a great weekend everyone!!
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Good morning everyone! No to much to report here. My supper club went great yesterday. We had 6 moms and 13 kids. Several were infants, though, so they do not count! I think this will be a fun adventure. Our first dinner will consist of recipes using pumpkin (Think Iron Chef). It will be moms only at the dinner, Thank God!

Going to try to read the rest of this thread!

Comment

WIP,

Love the Pic!! You can use a photo editor to resize the photo.

About mama. Are you looking at an Assisted Living Facility?

My Aunt stayed in one for years. She was reluctant to eat when she lived by herself and went down to 70 lbs. My daddy called whatever state agency they have in FL and had them step in, because she absolutely refused to listen to mama and daddy.

The facility was very nice. The people who worked there took good care of my aunt. They insured she ate, they insured she took her meds on time and they made sure she got up and around and did whatever exercise and comingling she could. On the other hand, she had her own room and her own things in there. So, she could get away to herself, read, knit, etc.

She stayed there until her mind went down to the point that she could not do anything for herself, such as get out of bed, etc. At that point, she was put in a full fledged nursing home.

Watching a loved one go this way is so difficult. I know your mama is a difficult person and always has been but I know how hard this is for you anyway. But, in the case of my Aunt, it was the only way to make sure she did not suffer needlessly and in retrospect, her time in the Assisted Living facility was the best option. She made friends, had things to do and was tenderly cared for by a loving staff. Her life was much fuller there than in her own home.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Here is a picture of exactly what my car looks like. It is a 2008 Volkswagen Golf. I love it and it is soooo cheap on gas. It was bloody expensive; but I deserve a treat... :H

Attached files [img]/converted_files/619674=3923-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thanks! yeah, I love it. Let's just hope that I m not dismissed from my job for the next 3 years!!! :H

I didn't want to buy new but after seeing the crap out there - and there are tons of it... I figured I was better off buying a new car with a warranty!

Comment

Sheesh. Finding a picture killed the rest of my free time so I must go and make lunches and get ready for work. Hmmm.... I am wondering why my subs is taking so long to process. Oh well.

Comment

I just sent a PM to TIT letting her know that I am in north Texas if she needs a place to go. I think she is in Houston. Everyone in south Texas is heading this way. I am next to Dallas in Irving. I am trying to back up everything and stock up on supplies. Propane is running short, as is water in some areas. Fuel prices are going up today. I think the worst damage we will see here is the loss of utilities - that's why I am trying to find propane. Water main broke up the street so we could loss water this afternoon. Doing laundry now and filled the bath tub with water - but that is our tornado safe place so may have to drain that tomorrow.
                              :l
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Lucky!

Comment

Working...
                                X