Aussie oilcloth...I need advise..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting ready to pack for a FALL trip up North...We seldom use jackets here in Florida so had to dig them out of the Attic..Hubby has a Australian (Driza..Bone) jacket that is getting really dirty.I went to several web sites about how to clean it and I am really confused.They say that originally oilcloth was made from cotton boat sails soaked in waterproofing.Never to dry clean..only hand wash in warm water and pure soap and hang to dry..Other sites say never wash only dry clean because washing takes out the water proofing..I thought maybe one of you can advise..
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Evielou,

I would call my drycleaner. They should be able to tell you! If you are near here, while North, come to see me! :wd: Would be great fun! :h
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

There is a company that makes excellent oilcloth named Filson; I would see if they have a phone number to call to ask questions.

wip

Comment

Thanks Guys...I don't want to ruin his favorite jacket..We are going to Canada...Then next month VT..

Comment

Hi Evie - try this Driza Bone

(Although personally I think Driza.bones look better the dirtier and more used they get)

Comment

Thanks Tawn...YOUR BRILLIANT..Dry cleaner said...I have cleaned Oilcloth before with no problem but no gaurentees..made me think twice..

Comment

Working...
            X