Salt and Ice..Equals...BURN..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I would share a warning about Salt and Ice..There is a U Tube showing people burning them selves on purpose(burning even their nipples) for some kind of thrill...I can tell you this HURTS..I am a compulsive ice chewer and I have been having major Dental work done..Dentist says (rinse often with salt water) which I did,followed with my normal ice chew.My mouth got sorer and sorer(frostbite,I found out because salt lowers ice temp.)Went back to Dentist...couldn't even eat Cottage Cheese because my mouth was so sore.he acted like i was over reacting and that nothing was wrong.Went home and back to the salt water...finally after weeks of misery i felt like my whole mouth was infected.Finally Dentist says maybe to much salt is not Good,it could be burning you.when I got home i goggled SALT burns and saw the SALT and ICE stuff...I am wondering if it is just that i am stupid and everyone but me knows better or is this common knowledge??
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Evielou, gargling salt water is a pretty common home remedy for sore throat and I've done it plenty without incident. Combining that with ice though may very well irritate things I'd think (and you have certainly confirmed!). You may want to rinse your mouth with something soothing like cool green tea. just a thought. Hope it feels better soon!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks Det,Green Tea is Brilliant,,I got aloe vera juice and have been rinsing with that...It is getting better but it was very Painful..

Comment

Evie,

I had no idea about the salt and ice, but then I'm not much of an ice person. Will file this away with my long list of don'ts - don't chew icy salt!!! Sure hope your mouth is feeling better.

Vera-b

Comment

I am just wondered why you 'chew ice' Evie- I guess that means sucking it?

Ice cubes- or crushed? Is it to cool you down or another reason- I have never heard of it, so I am curious.

Comment

evie,even tho people do it,i dont think here but in oz,anything is possible,i guess,we use salt to clear the wintery roods,you should see what it does to medal,if its used for colds just try lots of vitamin Cyour freind gyco by the way your dentist should be shottttttttt

Comment

gyco...I had thought of TAR AND FEATHER for the Dentist but I think he became truly sorry when he figured out that I was really hurting...he said that he was gonna write an article from the Dentist journal to make others aware of the danger..Marbella..I wondered why I crave ice so bad so I goggled it and found out that it is a symptom of Iron Deficency...Who Knew???

Comment

evielou;410769 wrote: gyco...I had thought of TAR AND FEATHER for the Dentist but I think he became truly sorry when he figured out that I was really hurting...he said that he was gonna write an article from the Dentist journal to make others aware of the danger..Marbella..I wondered why I crave ice so bad so I goggled it and found out that it is a symptom of Iron Deficency...Who Knew???
                Oh gosh- no I never knew...interesting- thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X