Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some AF advice...

Greetings Friends,

I have been moderating now for almost 2 years. I want to make my transition to AF but feel I will need some help. Most of the time my mood is great and the feeling that I "need a drink" stays at bay. But, other times I jump off the deep end and end up hung over and hating myself for it. So, I would love to hear back from my MWO family with advice or stories of how you made the decision to go AF. Thanks in advance for any info.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

I need some AF advice...

Red,

In my case, AF is the only choice. Moderation is not an option because moderation for me is being able to drink one or two. Can't do that. Not a possibility. Period.

I drink until the drink is all gone. I don't want one or two, I want all the drink.

AF is the ony way to go for me.

If you are where I am, then your cognizant brain knows AF is the only way. If you can moderate, then it would be hard to go AF, because your cognizant brain will tell you that you can have one or two.

I can't have one or two now. I can have a bottle or two until I pass out.

Does this make sense? Um, no, it makes no sense. That is why it is so hard. Like Chief says, "don't get in the ring with AL." Al wins every single time.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I need some AF advice...

Red
      I think some have hit a real rock bottom and others have just got to the point that they are sick and tired of living the way they have been. I think we a re all different but all hit a point where we realize we need to change. I hope you stick around and keep reading and posting because i know it helps. Good Luck!
      Time

Comment

I need some AF advice...

yes, it does help, a lot actually.

Comment

I need some AF advice...

Hi Red,

I think the decision to go AF is one that is made when you really square with yourself and your drinking. Cindi has been totally honest with herself and admits that modding is not going to work for her. I may be mistaken, but I don't think she woke up one day and just decided to go AF. That realization came after she looked at her history and patterns and said no more. Others are still on the discovery journey. I'm not sure where I'll ultimately land, but I only hope I can be as honest with myself as Cindi.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
          X