Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army September 15 08

Good morning/evening super troopers!
    Hope everyone is in good spirits today and ready to go to war against the beast for another week.
    Im still feeling very positive,and keeping an eye on those triggers. What does everyone realize as there triggers? I have quite a few...certain times of the day, going to certain places...times of the month etc. Would be interesting to hear others
    Sorry to hear of your slip Wally, but thats all it is..a slip. Brush yourself down and jump back on board. Us men aint worth drinking over!
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

AF Army September 15 08

Morning everyone... so here we are on another monday morning.
    Hi Cym, triggers for me are usually stressful times at work or if something's happened with my bairn at school.. I also think the time between 5-7pm is pretty hard..
    Have a good day everyone
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Reporting for duty but just in a sales meeting.

Triggers for me are stress at work, when I've had a good day or just plainly the smell of anything with alcohol in... SERIOUSLY.

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Vlad...lol Yer thats another biggie, and a strange one. When ive had a really good day, night with my girlfriend, positive steps been taken i feel the urge to drink, knowing damn well that it will undo all the good ive done. Little excuses appear everywhere, especially if im on my own. Almost like a reward or 'I can start again tmr, eveyones happy with me...no one will know' But its never the one night once i get started. So im not going there!
        Time to go to my meeting. Speak later peeps. have a good day!
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Adverts are one of my triggers..
          Nothing worse than sitting down after a big meal with a cuppa and seeing some bint on the telly saying that "this is not just ordinary wine...this is wine from the finest grapes, delicately chosen...blah blah BLAH.."
          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

After my other thread we know better now chelle! 'this is no ordinary wine....this wine has clay, acids and egg white...hmmmmmmm
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Morning Vladders and Chef, thanks so much for the Designersaurs Vlad, they are becoming part of my morning routine

Triggers? Well, just about anything really- here are some that spring to mind:
              • When I have a row with BF.
              • When I have a row with anyone else
              • When someone tries to boss me or tell me what to do- I say nothing then feel very resentful and go and get drunk
              • If one of my animals is poorly
              • If I see another animal in a bad way- a stray or a dog permanantly chained
              • If I feel I have made an effort with something and nobody notices or shows appreciationFrom 5pm to 8pmWhen a friend or family member diesWhen a happy event occursWhen I am boredIf I have to deal with anybody in authorityAny social occasion

I could probably go on but I think you get the general picture. I am currently reading 'Mindful Recovery' as recommended by WIP- I am not even halfway through yet but I am sure some of the tools mentioned there will help me at least dealing with some of these triggers- I am very hopeful and going to start putting what I have learnt so far into action.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Morning Chelle! Didn't see you there- was too absorbed in my list

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Ahh Yes, forgot to mention those- adverts or when I pass a nice inviting bar- and funnily enough sleazy bars also set of cravings bigtime!

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Hi Marbella, yep I hate walking past pubs... the smell of the beer makes my mouth water.
                    I swear sometimes my mouth starts to water a few seconds before i smell it too... like Ive got some kind of "pub-o-meter" built in me to detect it!

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Hello all , reporting for duty! Today is the day I need to get stuck in and make a start with my course. Hope all you lot are well. My biggest trigger is boredom I think so I need to find ways to keep busy . People think your busy with 4 kids , and you are but it can still get very boreing sometimes! Im going to study hard and ace my course instead and ive a load of books I want to read!

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Oh yeah, when I see vodka ads on the telly.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

And when hubby is baking bread. That ethanol smell from the yeast, arrrrrgh!

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

LOL Yes, I remember many times walking into work in the morning when the pub stinks of stale fags and beer and my co-workers saying 'EEEW' and rushing to get the windows open, and me thinking it was the greatest smell in the world...

Comment

AF Army September 15 08

Morning Limers! Yes boredom is a biggie for me too...the humdrum of everyday life.

Comment

Working...
                              X