I've had enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had enough!

I've been here at MWO for nearly two years. I had a long period AF last year and slipped back into the bad ways. I got up this morning all fuzzy-headed from last night's wine and spent the morning drifting and floating around, not wanting to move. There is beer in the fridge, but I don't want it.
    I have had enough. I'm not getting any younger and I want to start living properly again.
    Day 1 AF again. I refuse to give into any cravings I may have. We have a wedding on Saturday, but I won't be drinking at that. I feel angry with myself for being so weak; for taking this so half-heartedly. Not this time. I'm fed up being fed up with myself. It's time I took charge.

I've had enough!

Good for you, Popeye! Jump into the AF Army! And PLEASE get rid of that scary avatar!!!!

thank yew very much....

wip

Comment

I've had enough!

So sorry you are struggling. You are not alone. I have also had long stretches AF. It seems to get more and more difficult every time I slip. You are not weak. The Beast is extremely strong, as u know. I am glad that you are here, and I wish you well. Anger, especially at oneself, can be a great motivator.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I've had enough!

Pops, I'm with ya man!. I'm day 5 AF again after a major relapse. I wasn't drinking every day but when I did the days after felt like shite. I know I was purely medicating for some of those days too. I think like you I've been at this a long time to know that my actions are only gonna cause me more distress in the long run. I'm feeling really positive today about my life again. I don't know what the future holds but today I'm happy in myself. Be positive my friend. This is only a set-back for you and I'm sure you'll get back on track.

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I've had enough!

A Work in Progress;411079 wrote: Good for you, Popeye! Jump into the AF Army! And PLEASE get rid of that scary avatar!!!!

thank yew very much....

wip
          That scary popeye avatar was ace!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I've had enough!

Popeye, no time like the present to start again, right? Sounds like you've got the desire locked in and I wish you the best of luck.

p.s. does that mean you're going to chuck the beer in the fridge?
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I've had enough!

Ah! Popey, the ole mery go round , except it aint so merry no more. Good luck to you , youve done it before , you will do it again!

Comment

I've had enough!

Sending some spinach your way to give you strength :-)

Good on you Popeye for realising when enough is enough!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I've had enough!

I understand what it feels like to keep bashing into that beast ,again and again...But like you said,a point comes when enough is enough..If I never have another drink in my life,believe me I have had more than my fair share...You are such an asset to this site and have helped so many,in time of need!!!!NOW LET US PAY YOU BACK BY BEING HERE TO HELP YOU,in your time of need..
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I've had enough!

Thanks folks!
                    I have the shakes and I'm sweating copiously, but I know I'll be better soon.
                    AAthlete... the beer's staying in the fridge, but I won't be drinking it. I'm not really bothered with beer.....Not strong enough for my alcoholic taste.
                    vlad....I like that scary avatar too

Comment

I've had enough!

Keep trying.....there's no deadline on soberity ! One less day you don't drink, is one less day your taking care of yourself ! Sometime Soberity is like the wind.....It can be very rough and hard, but wait awhile and then it will be light and gentle . Good Luck Popeye !
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

I've had enough!

I went back to alc after over 4 years. It can catch any of us. You sound determined, just keep it up, and when your feeling better and the urges come remember how you feel now. Im on day 16 and feel so positive. Join the army, ive found it such a help to my recovery. I think im the only male on there sometimes, so would be nice to have some male company. Not that im complaining ladies!
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I've had enough!

POPEYE...cymru is right..WE NEED MORE MEN IN OUR ARMY..please report for duty,you are very WELCOME..
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I've had enough!

Your resolve will carry you to success.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I've had enough!

cymru;411177 wrote: I went back to alc after over 4 years. It can catch any of us. You sound determined, just keep it up, and when your feeling better and the urges come remember how you feel now. Im on day 16 and feel so positive. Join the army, ive found it such a help to my recovery. I think im the only male on there sometimes, so would be nice to have some male company. Not that im complaining ladies!
                              Cmyru I've just signed up mate so you'll have another male there tomorrow! Bleed'n conscripts and all that jazz!!!lol

Pops, I've had the sweats recently myself mate, give it a few days/weeks!. Jeez not sure how long but 5 days and I was still sweating walking today only a few hundred yards. Mind due I did have a big thick 'hoodie' on and the sun was shining. Take care man and I reckon you should chuck dem beers! I know you say, not strong enough or not your drink etc but any kind of alcohol will do if you really wanna drink. It matters not really as long as it's alcohol at the end of the day. Christ I used to drink cooking sherry and 2007 year old bottles of adcovar! Yes the year after!!lol That's when it was invented!

Love and Happiness
                              Hippie
                              xx
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X