X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all Many in UK?

Hi all,

Fluff here!!

Love the support and advice and just out of intrest was wondering if there are many in UK?

Can I share my story? 29 year old female. Alcohol never a problem until birth of my first daughter, following her birth. I think I was depressed and drank to self medicate. She must have been only week old and I was so drunk I could not bathe her properley.

For the past 3 years alcohol has been an awful part of my life, I have lost my relationship, numerous friends because I could not be bothered to meet them whilst drunk. I am lucky to still have my daughters. I have drunk drive so many times, I am lucky not to have killed anyone or been caught.

Past year, cycles getting worse to the point where I binge for four days contionousley and then wake up so remorseful and ashamed.

I started on antabuse in July but didnt take it propereley. Happily drink whilst red, itching and sore.

I joined AA last night. started again with the program, reading the books and just want to offer support to other people.

I hate hate alcohol but am just trying to take it a day at a time.

Love to you all.

2 days sober (again)

Hi all Many in UK?

F&S, glad that you are here and thanks for sharing your story.

Admitting our problem is the first step on our road to recovery - and it looks like you are on your way. Like you, I also use AA and MWO to stay sober, and I like to think that I have the best of both worlds keeping me sober.

So welcome!
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hi all Many in UK?

Well done on 2 days fluff. I was also a binger and would go 2-4 days downing white wine till blackout then waking up unable to eat and being sick everywhere. I am on day 16 and have noticed a big change.
      Your in a great place. Read and post. There is alot of help if you want it, and you are more than welcome to join the af army.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi all Many in UK?

Hi F and S

Welcome!

You are not alone in your remorse and guilt we have all been there and done that for things we have done while drunk.

Glad you have found us, and look forward to hearing more from you.

Comment

Hi all Many in UK?

Welcome fluff.

Yeah I'm here in the UK in Liverpool!. My drinking was pretty similar in a sense that I binged for days then tried to recuperate for days then went on another binge. Thought becoming a dad nearly 4 years ago would of changed all that........Nah no way! My girlfriend at the time became very depressed too and needed a lot of support after having an emergency c-section. she was in labour for days! After she was born I went round to my mates house after leaving my girlfriend in the hospital and went to wet the baby's head....Brandy and a cigar was meant to be the order of the day. Shit man I woke up the next morning needing to go to the hospital and was still on my mates floor drunk from the night before. I rushed to the hospital, wreaking of booze, and eventually falling asleep on her bed when I got there. I became functional for a while as a parent but alcohol always ruled my life. I'll always regret the time I think I lost with not being there for her but I realised after a few years that that guilt was not founded. I've had many regrets over my daughter but at the end of the day, and I'm not making excuses, I too was unwell in my thinking. I said this before to another member on the forum but don't ever think you're a bad mother because you have a drink problem. This may sound hypocrytical but it's not intentional, but even though your love for drink is paramount in your daily life etc your love for you child is still unconditional and alwyas will be. i relapsed only recently and got drink while my daughter was staying with me overnight. I had a bit too much and I upset her (she's only 3 nearly 4 by the way!).

Anyway just wanted to share something with you. You're not alone. Hope those AA meetings help. I went back to AA myself about 3 months ago myself to be honest. I can't seem to get my head around though the fact that I am always 'in recovery' though. I'm too much of a free-spirit I guess.

Stick around fluff. read, post, get active, do whatever you need to do right now.

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hi all Many in UK?

A very honest post Hippie. I can relate to alot of what you have posted.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi all Many in UK?

Fluff , keep logging on here . Were all in a similar boat and we all care.

Comment

Working...
              X