Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have thier money tied up with AIG ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great another greedy ass company goes belly up !! They should hang those CEO's . But nooo....they get away with a big OOOOPS ! A big pension plan and bounces, etc. Those pirates should be in jail !!! Anyway I looked up all my policies and plans to make sure they were'nt affliated with AIG ! Thank God they're not !!!.IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

IAD, I think it is all systemic of a much larger problem within our financial systems and a great example of capitalism run amok. I agree that the companies themselves are to blame for the shape they are in, that they were chasing profits through it all, and that they were obviously being guided by their CEO's.

However, imagine how the shareholders would have been screaming during the boom had these companies not been engaging in these practices. Had company X's profit been half of company Y's because the CEO was being cautious about what might happen in the future, he would have been driven out of the company.

So, blame goes to the CEO's most certainly, but it also goes to the shareholders and the public in general. We are a society that demands results, and demands them right now. Bigger, better, faster, stronger is our motto and until we start putting a priority on relationships and people instead of how big our house is or how much our car cost I'm not sure much will change.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

No investments with them, but the work-comp insurance for the company I am with is through AIG. A real concern, right now...
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

On a lighter note, manchester Utd wont be happy either...they have a 5 year sponsership deal with AIG. Thats the third Premiship club that has lost its major shirt sponser in 6 months. 2 in a week. Worrying times indeed
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Man I'm almost angry with myself. My "Guru" said to short them late last week. If I had done that, I would have made heaps of cash by today.

Not sure where I would put the cash, since all the banks are doomed to fail. But maybe I could just stack it on the bed and jump on it for a while. That would feel good.

Comment

I don't have money tied up with AIG.. But, my car insurance and home owner insurance is with AIG..

Brandy

Comment

Brandy....I think it's time to talk to the lizard ! IAD.
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

AAthlete, you said it all in the last paragraph. Fortunately I am not with AIG but with the lizard on insurance and a few small IRA's with others. Glad I never fell for the mortgage crap that went on.
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

I have my homeowner's with a subsidiary of AIG. I think I'll be giving that cute little lizard a call tomorrow.

Aathlete, I am 100% with you. I would like to string the CEO's up by their innards, but at the bottom of it all are many Americans, loving money and things more than families and community.
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Good news AIG Holders......Uncle Sam is going to bale them out !!! IAD.
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X