Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another interesting article

Just thought I'd share this......

5 Things You Need to Know About How Alcohol Affects the Mind | LIVESTRONG.COM
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Scary- Some more things to add to the list.

I can't actually think of anything good that alcohol does right now.

Comment

Marabella....it can disinfect a wound ! Ha! Where did you find that wide eyed dog....Ha! IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD;412621 wrote: Marabella....it can disinfect a wound ! Ha! Where did you find that wide eyed dog....Ha! IAD.
        LOL Yes I guess it can- I used to think it was good for loosening inhibitions, until I read the Allen Carr book which pointed out inhibitions are actually there for a very good reason- namely to stop us making a complete arse of ourselves.

The wide eyed dog is not mine unfortunately, tho' I wish he was, he looks great fun, I just found him on the net

Comment

5. Long-Term Alcohol Abuse Can Cause Major Damage to the Brain

Occasional consumption of a few drinks can lead you to have trouble talking and walking, blurry vision, and slower reaction times, all of which go away shortly after drinking stops. Larger amounts of alcohol can cause these problems to be more severe and last longer. Over time, heavy drinking causes permanent damage to nerve cells, which can lead to irreversible memory loss and personality changes.

I pasted and copied this one from the list -- as I really think it's the one area that gets the least attention!! Thanks for the link LVT
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

I guess this is why I think it is important for anyone taking this seriously--to try a period of abstinence. I drank for so long, I don't think I even knew who I was. It's hard to know these things when we're drunk or hungover. I'm starting to feel like a new person.
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Thank you LVT,

In all our ups and downs on the journey, it's important to remember that we're trying to get away from AL as a steady, unwelcome presence in our lives. And #5, the effects on the brain, is one good reminder. Thanks for the link.

Vera-b

Comment

livingfree;412728 wrote: 5. Long-Term Alcohol Abuse Can Cause Major Damage to the Brain

Occasional consumption of a few drinks can lead you to have trouble talking and walking, blurry vision, and slower reaction times, all of which go away shortly after drinking stops. Larger amounts of alcohol can cause these problems to be more severe and last longer. Over time, heavy drinking causes permanent damage to nerve cells, which can lead to irreversible memory loss and personality changes.

I pasted and copied this one from the list -- as I really think it's the one area that gets the least attention!! Thanks for the link LVT
                god that was me in a nut shell and thank god getting better everyday
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

marbella;412639 wrote: LOL Yes I guess it can- I used to think it was good for loosening inhibitions, until I read the Allen Carr book which pointed out inhibitions are actually there for a very good reason- namely to stop us making a complete arse of ourselves.
                  Thank you for that - I have been batteling with my inner demons over this. I used to drink in order to loosen up.... I have always thought I'm too conservative but you have made me think
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                  X