Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know Your Teen Is an Alcoholic When..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're away from home because of a major fight with your spouse and talked to your teen who feels that you are abandoning them....Even though you stress the breakup isn't the fault of your teen.. And then you get the WORSE PHONE CALL...Your teen was found unconscious and foaming at the mouth!!!

Enough said..

Brandy

Oh that sounds bad. Hope he is okay.
    When a friend of mine moved house and she needed an extra skip the remove the vodka bottles from the teenagers bedroom. The same teenager is now in the US learning to fly aeroplanes! Both landings and take offs I think.
    BH

Comment

Mine are all in their 20"s and I am shocked that I see no evidence of AL probs. My daughter, however, is a major pothead.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I was a major pot head too sea. Mixed with booze its caused me problems, but my brother smokes alot and doesnt drink, keeps fit etc, and he doesnt have any. Happily married, kids, own business. Dont think they mix well though.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Yeah, I don't see a prob with it. She is 20, so what am I gonna say. She goes to work, and she is a sweet, loving young lady. I have smoked tons myself. Not all that long ago.

Comment

Oh Brandy, I'm sorry you are going through this.
            Marcie

Comment

Holy shit Brandy!!!!!!!! ((((Hugs))))
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I can only imagine how scared you must be Brandy! It would freak me out, please let him know it's not just drunk, he could die from alcohol poisoning. Usually happens with hazing rituals gone too far... don't want to scare you just maybe put a scare into your teen. I can't believe I lived through my teens sometimes when I think back, and I mean wayyyy back, when we didn't know any better. Wishing you peace and strength through these times :h
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Brandy, how is your son doing? That is very scary. Hope you will be okay.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

seacailin.......nothin wrong with being a pothead. way better than alcohol brain.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Brandy, I am so sorry. I hope your son will be OK. Please keep us updated. That is very scary. Hugs to you. (Nice to see you pop in. I wish it had of been under better circumstances)

Re pot: I HATE POT! I grew up with my mother chronically smoking the shit.... when she ran out; you'd better watch out!! My sister and I paid the price if mommy didn't have her weed! 10 years ago when she quit, she switched the addiction of pot for booze. **sigh**

Comment

Brandy

:l:l:l
                        That has to be the pits.

Let us know how you both are.
                        :hNancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I am so sorry Brandy. I just reread this thread and feel like I was totally insensitive. That is very very scary. I hope that your son is ok, and that the incident will scare him enough not to repeat it. Please let us know how he and you both are.

Comment

Brandy that is so scary. Yes please let us know how you both are.
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Thanks for the sweet responses from everyone..

My teen is doing ok. The drinking was a big mistake and he understands that. Right now I have him in a residential program (long term), where he is getting help from a full team of doctors. He has alot of issues he has been dealing with and my leaving my hubby Labor Day pushed him over the top.

:lBrandy

Comment

Working...
                              X