Drunk Husband Wrecked the Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am shaking I am so mad! My husband went to do a 3 hr meeting planning job last night and came home completely smashed! He passed out shortly after coming home and having yet more AL. I went out to get in my car this morning and the front head lamp is broken; the other side of the car has a scrape 5' down the side down to the metal and the rear view mirror is completeyl smashed (opposite side of broken head lamp). He was also bleeding from a gash on his hand. He is still sleeping it off right now as I sit here at work. There was an open bottle of red wine that spilled all over the back seat and a full bottle of white wine. This is not only shitty because of the implications of him driving total sloshed but who or what did he hit? I bet he won't remember. I can't afford to get the repairs to the car done and I won't pass inspection to get my renewal license tag. I am just livid. I asked him when he came thru the door last night why he didn't call me for a ride...he said he tried but that is a lie. I had the phone next to me the whole time he was gone.

I don't know what I am asking of my friends here because there is nothing you can do for him-he has to be the one to do that. I love this man but I hate what he has become. I really don't know how to stop the madness. I can't kick him out because he has no car to get to work; right now I drive him each day and he would not be able to live alone on his salary.

Thanks for listening to me vent; that is what I really needed today. Kriger :upset:
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Big hugs, K.

Comment

:groupluv:
      So sorry Kriger!!! Don't know what to say. Just sending you hugs...
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Thanks guys. Gia, He is too much of a pacifist to hit someone, but he may have hit the rear view mirror; there is a lot of glass inside the car on the floor. I think he's going to sleep right thru work. He is supposed to go in at 11a and I can't raise him on the phone-out cold I expect! K
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

That sucks Kriger. Time to be tough both for yourself and him.
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Sending you hugs hon, :l I'm with the rest....give him an ultimatum. He could have killed someone. Sounds like he really needs help. I wish he would follow your lead. Have youasked if he would join you?
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I am so sorry Kriger. I don't blame u for being upset. You know what the consequences might have been.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I dont know what to say to make you feel better.....I'm thinking of you......
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

Precious,
                  I think you are right but I am a chickenshit when it comes to making life altering decisions, except when it came to getting myself sober. Since I just quit drinking 45 days ago I've got to be careful not to be judgemental. I've got to get rid of the anger so I can have a conversation about aL with him; he can't be so blind to not know how alcohol is affecting every facet of his life and my life, when he makes poor decisions like he did last night. I know that I can't have AL negatively affect my life-even coming second hand. I have control over myself but no control over him.
                  Gia, You did not sound harsh; it made me smile-I need that today. thanks.

Comment

Krigs, sososo sorry. Unfortunately, your story makes me think of what I did to my husband. I hope you're man wakes up and smells the coffee. You can't take care of him if he won't help himself.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

kriger, I'm so sorry :l

Maybe taking a photo of him and the car would help. It might be too late to take a photo of him but he probably won't remember it and that could help in some way to show him what he's putting you through. I videotaped myself once and it helped me a lot.

Lots of hugs :h
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Maybe this is the wake up call he needs to join you on the af side . Its certainly an oppertunity for you to strongly encourage him to go af !

Comment

And please God he didnt hit anyone!

Comment

I can't imagine him quitting! He will have to go the rehab route and go without pay for a month-that is a crappy thought! It might be the only way though. He has been to rehab before-15 years ago; he remained sober for about 7 years...then, slowly but surely he has reached this advanced stage. In his life he has had 4 DUIs-the last one in 1993; why hasn't he learned?

What do they say about alcoholics?- they are at the emotional maturity level of the age they started drinking...so I am dealing with a 14 year old!! Kriger

Comment

does he drink every night?

Comment

Working...
                              X