Drunk Husband Wrecked the Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good one Gia, I have been that stick poking for 3 years. Everyday I hide all my sticks.. some days I still find one around, but I am determined to throw them all away. Now, I try to walk away instead. On those days I am really proud of myself.

Comment

Kriger, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm wondering if you should say anything at all! Let him try to figure out what happened and don't show him the car. He'll notice it himself. Act sorta like nothing happened. That might give him more guilt and then some soul-searching for himself.

My husband got several DUIs in the 90s and when I stopped picking him up from jail, he stopped. It was hard to say no to him, but I had to.
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I can relate a bit to this and can empathise with the emotional impact it has on you. Take care of yourself and be careful to not enable him. :l
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Have you ever read the story about the Mom who started MAD (Mothers against drunk drivers). Her Daughter was walking home and was hit by a drunk driver. The guy was so drunk he knew he hit something but didn't know what. He only had minor damage to his car ... (A 13 year old doesn't weigh much). He put his car in the garage to hide it ... his wife knew something was up but didn't press .... long story short - VM.

This is very serious stuff guys when someone has hit "something" while drunk and just pulls the car in the garage. Makes me sick to my stomach.
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thanks Greenie and Noelle,
            I am really trying not to enable but we were in such a strong mutual enabling when we both drank that I find it difficult to stop. I did decide that if he got another DUI I would not go get him from jail but that, thankfully, has not happened yet.
            O2 and Cy, He just called me on the phone from work and I asked him what happened to the car. I described all the damage and he said he doesn't have any idea what happened. He did go to work and now he's wondering what the hell he hit with the car. We'll talk later if we have the house to ouselves; we have a couple living with us right now until they can get on their feet, so sometimes we have no privacy. I may just go to bed after work; I feel really tired and beat up. This conversation with hubby will take place but maybe not tonight. I want to let this all soak in and I want him completely sober. Thanks for waiting up for me. Nite Nite. Krigs
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Living-
              The not knowing makes me sick too. k
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

he'll be beating himself up pretty bad krigs. The paranoia that is associated with things like that is terrible. I imagine he'll be pretty quiet tnt,short tempered. Hope everything is o.k and he is able to look at it in a positive way and move on, turn the page. Lets hope and pray he just hit a tree or something. Any other marks on the car trigs? Paint or diff colour?
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

And Yes, I hate that he drinks and drives (he only does on a rare occasion but that is bad enough). I know. I know. K

Comment

yer, agree with o2m. You rest, have a soak and get some sleep. Were all here around the world thinking of you x
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I have less than an hour left here at work, so I'll go home and crash for a while. You guys have been SOOO sweet to me. I will take care of myself but this whole situation weighs very heavy...I don't see an end unless he decides to quit drinking and I can't force that issue. I know I won't drink so don't worry about me that way.

I hope you welshie and leprechaun have pleasant dreams. We'll talk 2morro. Thanks to all for your support and kind words. I'll keep everyone updated on the saga. Krigs

Comment

Ummmm, don't even want to say this, but this is how I am. Did you see any stains on the car? If not, you know he hit something that didn't hurt anyone. Sorry, sorry.......I don't mean to hurt anyone!!!!!!!!!

Like I said......let HIM figure it out. It might work. I hope.
                        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                        X