Got Offered TV Show.I am Scared..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You MUST go on the show! This is your time to shine.

Comment

Go for it Evie.....I watch that show, like it. My youngest son watches it all the time. IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

I like the show too, but seldom get to watch it since we don;t have cable or reception. I have always been interested in ghosts and have even searched them out, but have never seen or experienced anything. I have spent hours hanging out in a few of the haunted places here in Colorado, but nothing so far. So not sure I believe yet or not. Would love to have an experience someday.

You should go for it for those of us, like me, who are searching. We need you to show us the way

Comment

Evie, put your Big Girl Pants on and GO FOR IT!!!!

What's to lose?

1) Your sobriety- albeit a big thing- you can't hide in a closet and protect yourself from any possible stressful situation that may come your way in life. That's not just reality. If it's not an amazing opportunity like this, it will be something on a smaller scale that may be the stresser that sends you back to the bottle. We just need to learn coping mechanisms, such as the MWO website ! Besides, you said the work is second nature to you.

2) Your anonymity- well, true you may be seen living in your full potential, using your God given gifts to their full advantage. But, people will admire you for this. Not only your abilities, but because you recognized and had the courage to use your gifts to their fullest.

As one of my favorite philosophers, Zig Ziglar says, "Obviously, there is little you can learn from doing nothing"

Good Luck to you and let us know what you decide!

Comment

OK...I am gonna say YES...Help me think of any conditions I should ask about.We meet tonight and i need to make sure that everything is in my best interest.I will post what they say for more input tomorrow..I am not signing any papers until I have really talked this out..Hubby keeps saying,take it,what's the worst thing that could happen...Worst thing is that the stress could send me drinking again.As long as I have all of you,I feel pretty safe.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evie, What are your instincts telling you? Yes you can do this and you know you can. Be proud they have offered you this chance to shine. Be all that you can be...and more. The alcohol demon is telling you differently NOT you or your insecurities. You will get past those easy hun. Don't let the beast win. You have too much to give and share hun. DO IT!

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Oh Evie, one more thought came to mind. It is a quote that I can't remember exactly but it is about taking a risk and it goes something like:

You've got to have the courage to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is!

Comment

Evie,

You probably already intend to do this, but just in case, I would be sure to have an attorney look at any paperwork before you sign it. I would be sure that the agreement contains a clause that "indemnifies", you, personally, of any potenital liability. Just a thought... Go, Girl, Go! :cheering: I assume that they will pay all of your traveling expenses (and Hubs???- is he your assistant? :bigwink:??) All they can do is say no. If they are making your travel arrangements, I would be specific about your level of acceptable accommodations and travel. Oh yes, and be sure to get that in writing.
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

YEAH!!!

Can't think of any questions myself, but my boyfriend and many other friends are in the entertainment industry and if you want me to bounce anything off of them just let me know!

Best of Luck! I just KNOW you're going to do great!

Comment

Evie can I just say one more point here. You haven't even got the show yet and you're already building the possibilities up in ya head that the stress will cause you to drink. Don't think that far ahead or plan in your head that this is a bad thing. This is a good thing so be positive about it. Listen to that wonderful hubby of yours. OK?

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Thanks Best,Those are important things to ask and it all happened so fast and without warning.I am caught off guard..Glad you brought up about Hubbies traveling expenses.We always close the Inn and travel together.It would cost us a fortune to do that on a regular bases.Maybe if we filmed only early week days when the Inn is quite.Our busy season is coming up(Thanksgiving thru Easter).We have never been apart for more than a day,in the last 8 yrs....Not sure that I would want to travel without him..Maybe for a day or two but no longer..They haven't talked money yet so I don't know how tempting it will be..Gonna call my Lawyer to give him heads up..

Comment

I'm am so nervous that I can't think what to wear,even tonight,much less on the show...Stevie Nick's or Elvira LOOK????Need to color my hair...OH MY GOD,I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Comment

Oh, evielou--how exciting!!! I'm so glad you're going for it!! (I've always been a fan of Stevie Nicks--so that is my vote!!
                            :goodjob:
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I can only agree with o2m Evie. Its the start of the rest of your life. Go for it girl!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Evie, you are not running around like a chicken with your head cut off, you are on the computer! Now GO COLOR THAT HAIR, GIRLFRIEND! GO VIKING WARRIOR, GO!
                                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X