bruises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bruises

Here's a picture of a child with moon face. It's usually a result of steroids. My FIL has it really bad. But he uses the steroids to keep him alive.

It's just basically a very puffy face. HTH

Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

bruises

Vitamin C is supposed to help with bruising. If you are deficient, you may bruise more easily & taking C may help prevent it to some extent...

Also, if you smoke, that can deplete Vit. C. I bruise pretty easily, too!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

bruises

Hello, I bruise easily as well. I read in "Vitamins for Dummies" under the alcoholic section that vitamin C helps. I have been taking it and tend to bruise less and heal faster.

Comment

bruises

Vitamin C with citrus biflavonoids is good for people who bruise easily. You can use arnica gel and it is very helpful. Arnica montana homeopathic pills under the tongue helps too. Traumeel is a good topical remedy for bruises. Also, ice the area right away when you think the "ouch" word.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

bruises

Ahhh, just call me banana.
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

bruises

I bruise all the time, it drives me crazy. have to change what i'm going to wear at times because of it, don't want anyone thinking my husband beats me. and i'm not thin and don't have an eating disorder. i am a bit clumsy but not enough to explain this...

Comment

bruises

Babberta,
                I don't think you have to be thin or have an eating disorder. Alcohol makes us this way, depletes our body of vitamins and weakens our immune system. It's not your fault, it's the beast's.
                It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

bruises

Where do you get traumeel and arnica montana?

Comment

bruises

Health food stores. If they don't have it in stock they can probably order it for you. PM me if you need me to find out who the manufacturer is.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

bruises

Boy, what an interesting thread!!! And I thought those bruises just "appeared" because I was blacked out and didn't remember bumping into the walls in the dark, stumbling my way to bed. When my daughter used to ask about them, I assured her is was "nothing." Put me down for some more vitamins . . .

Vera-b

Comment

bruises

I also am a walking bruise with bits of skin showing through.

I always blamed it on being really pale. I always thought that because I was pale, maybe my skin was "thinner". In the back of my mind the AL always played a factor, but just in the sense that I tend to be more clumsy when drunk.

I'm going to up my B vitatmin see if that helps.

Comment

bruises

arnica is best taken right after the cause of bruising occurs, but it helps even later. You should take the pellets regularly for a couple days and the apply the cream twice a day. It does help, especially if you catch the bruise early on, it helps it to heal much faster.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

bruises

Hey all, I just went to GNC and got the arnica gel, they were out of the pills, so I'm going to another one to see if they have them. The guy who helped me said it's become really popular. He had on customer who had cancer and developed anemia and was bruising really badly, she came back for more saying it really helped. I just applied the gel and am getting ready to get my nails done, then head over to the other store. They had never heard of traumeel though. Unfortunately none of my bruises are fresh, oh well. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

bruises

Truncal Obesity ??? I am no where near Obese but my abdomen is rounder than it was before this last few years of being back on the bottle.I am exercising on an Abe lounger and thought it would be gone by now,but NO.Does anyone else have that problem or know how long it takes to go away??
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

bruises

My Dr told me that blondes and redheads are known for bruising and bleeding easily. I've only had one surgery and almost bled to death afterwards, I was only 4 years old so it wasn't the alcohol.
                                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                                - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X