Name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name change

I think I left this site open last night. If so hubby probably quickly figured out who I am. I should probably change my name. But you guys won't know what happened to TM What to do...
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Name change

TM, are you worried about him seeing what you are posting on here?
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Name change

Some of the things I have posted in the past. When I first came here I wasn't but...I may have said things that might hurt or something.
      One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Name change

Really is your choice.

Personally, if you are being open and honest with him now I wouldn't worry about it. This is a site that you've used to change you for the better, and if he is going to log on behind your back and read your old posts that you've most likely got bigger issues on your hands.

Just my $.02
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Name change

You guys are right. I haven't said anything I need to hide. Sometimes I have said things about him/us that might hurt but they are facts or how I feel. If he did read maybe he would understand some things that I can't say to him. I worried I guess b/c once i left my e-mail open and he read 1 1/2 hours of it and found things from an ex who had contacted me. The ex said some pretty explicite stuff about what he would like to do but I did not respond. He said we were getting a divorce b/c I was cheating. Taking things out of context can be REALLY bad sometimes.

Comment

Name change

And yes we have much bigger issues

Comment

Name change

Twinsmommy, you could change to "Gemelli" or "Jumeaux"---that means "twins" in Italian and French, respectively. But if he's snooping, he'd read about the change like everyone else, so you'd have gained nothing. I'd say just don't leave the site open. Does he know your password? You could probably change that without him knowing.

With all respect for the opinions of those who tirelessly advocate "total openness" with spouses, that simply is not a good idea sometimes. We ALL need a private place to go, whether to a site like this one, or to a diary, where we can feel safe letting everything out. Yes, even things we'd, for one reason or another, prefer our spouses/partners/children are NOT privy to. It does not mean we are sneaking around, or being emotionally dishonest, or "unfaithful" to the relationship---although those are certainly possibilities---it just means we prefer to deal with an issue sans prying, judgmental eyes! Even if they are also loving eyes, we don't have to lay EVERYTHING out for them to see. Until we are good and ready, if ever. It's OUR agenda, OUR timetable, OUR personal demon.

So change that password, and be more vigilant about closing the site, TMommy!
              Jane Jane

Comment

Name change

TM - I understand your concern and having that history makes the situation even a little more delicate. However, sometimes you have to make a stand and maybe this is your opportunity. You can demonstrate that you are truly trying to change - to become a better person who is open and honest about everything now. That can be the hardest part - moving away from a ME attitude and towards an US attitude.

But, at the end of the day, you need to do what you feel is right.

Comment

Name change

Do you think that he would search THAT deep???If so,(that was then,this is now)...You see him thru different eyes,right??Change names if your more comfortable...You sure won't be the first or the last one to do that..
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Name change

Thanks to all. I agree he will notice the change that is kinda why I posted the thread. (for advise on that) I also agree that people need some privacy not for rotten things but to let it all out. Kinda like a preist if I were catholic. Although I would not tell him this crap! I'd be sure to burn! LOL!
                    Anyway, I am trying to change but some things I know he won't understand. Because I have told him and he doesn't get it. Plus if he is looking well... hate to say it but...he deserves to see it. Don't ask questions you don't want answered I guess.

Comment

Name change

Oh forgot. No he does not know my password but you can read a lot w/out logging in.

Comment

Name change

HI there
                        I'm new, and I feel for you. I also dont want my husband to see this, and if he saw my i.d. he would know its me. He would be supportive but I"m not ready to share with him. On a completely practical note, how does one change their name on this, because I want to also. by the way, I am also the mother of twins.
                        Good luck and lets keep talking.
                        t.

Comment

Name change

Good to hear fom you. Since you are so new I would PM anyone you want to know who you are going to become (you can include me if you want ) and change it now. I believe all you do is log on like you did the first time and don't use your old user name anymore.
                          Good luck! How old are your twins?
                          TM

Comment

Name change

I *think* you have to PM RJ to change your name.
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                            X