• Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you are trapped in a relationship

deleted for privacy
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Aw Keeta,

I don't have any of the answers to your questions as over here it is fair play as to who gets what.

I just wanted to let you know I understand the trapped feeling. When hubby and I were married for only a couple of years and things werent going well, I also felt trapped. I did't have a job, was looking after our baby daughter and I didn't have a way out. Since I have become financially inependant and also more confident within myself our relationship has grown stronger. I know now that if he left me (gawd-forbid) I would be able to cope.

Thinking of you during this trying time - stay strong:-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Keeta

Google Family Law BC..read through it, if you still have questions find a lawyer that specializes in Family Law.
      Will cost you about 100 dollars to get answers but money well spent.

Common Law rules are pretty much equal to marriage, but there ARE differences. Check it out

Whatever you do, DON'T tell him you are looking into it. Get your facts and ammo first

Hugs
      K
      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

you did say canada and im not a lawyer but my dear if it is tht bad and im a man,if he is treating you like he rules take him to the cleaners,i can tell you so many stories,you have more rts then you think,if you have kids,each child can cost him find a lawyer tht knows,good luck gyco

Comment

Get Legal advise.Here in Florida Everything is 50/50 and the women has an upper hand with small children.Here you would be supported in a similar life style that you have been living.Check the NET there should be lots of info there...Good luck.Divorce is always so difficult but not as bad as living with the wrong person for the rest of your life.I know,i was married to the wrong man for 27 yrs.He fought the divorce but I couldn't live like that anymore.it was the hardiest and the best thing I ever did.now I am married to the man of my dreams...If it can happen for me,i know that it can happen for you.Stay strong...Blessings to you.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

You need legal advice. And you need to be secretive about it. I just had my temproary hearing so I'm navigating as well.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

OH Keeta. I am so sorry to hear your plight. I recently went thru a divorce. No kids, but also a case where I make a pittance of what he made. I can't imagine any court that wouldn't let you and the kids stay in the houses till it sells. keep us posted ...:l:l:l:l
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Screw Him for everything Keets House Cars Boats whatever Ambit Claim at first and then be the considerate one to make him pay for it forever Im on your side Keeta take no prisoners look after yourself and your kids

Comment

Keeta, you don't say if you are legally married, or living common law. I am assuming common law because you say "relationship", not marraige. Are the children his? You definitely need to consult a lawyer to find out what your rights are, stay strong. Nothing is worse than a lifetime in a relationship with someone you don't love. Thinking of you.

Comment

Keets..... I bet you wish could have him in this perdicament ! Ha! IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

By the way Capt'n....you ever thought of becoming a marriage councilor? You've got all the good qualities needed. Ha! IAD.
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

yea iad Im with the mum

Comment

dads mostly are arseholes I sure thats across the world

Comment

Sometimes.......but thier some good ones, and I bet your one. Take care Capt'n.....IAD
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Keeta sweetie, I am thinking of you a lot. Just wanted to tell you that and I hope you figure things out. We are all here for you .. love, the insane Travolta cat :l:l:h
                              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                              X