AF Army 21st September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be watching my beloved New England Patriots and flipping over to the Boston Red Sox. GO PATS!!!! GO SOX!!!! Determinator suggested that I try some O'Douls if the beer craving hits. No cravings so far, but definitely pizza and wings today.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Great to see you MM, I saw your post about day 6, That is great girl!!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Sea - You're better off having a soda than an Odoul's. Is it really the taste of the beer or the effect of it that we enjoy?
        When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

taking the doggies out now (got my mums dog visiting too)
          catch yer later

Comment

Way to go MM. I posted on your other thread. I love the taste of beer. I have never tried O'Douls as it is not condoned by AA and I have been around AA for many many years and knew no other way.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I need to tell the troops about last night. I had a night from hell. I have been lucky enough to have very little craving so far but last night my mind was made up to drink a glass of white wine....we have 5 liters in the house right now. That is how my mind works...I go from being just fine to full blown mind made up to try a drink. I sat here watching my hubby drink his and several times go up and walked into the kitchen to pour a glass. I felt truly as tho an animal had taken over my rational mind. This lasted for hours and wouldn't let up. I kept talking to myself but it didn't work. I even had to turn off MWO because I seemed to be drawn to the Modders who were almost talking me into it!!! It was pretty bad and I finally talked myself into going to bed, but I was going to get up in the middle of the night and drink a glass. Sorry for the long story but the end result was I did not drink and today is day 48!!! I honestly don't know how you guys with cravings get thru it!! It was the crappiest experience I have gone thru since my first week AF. I hope today doesn't give me the same crap! I didn't mean to bring the thread down....on to football and dinner plans! Kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Morning MM. Glad your still going strong and sounding positive. Have a great day!
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Krigs, that is so brave to say all that. Course you havent brought the thread down its what its here for. I have heard that cravings go in cycles, sometimes ok and then they can be horrendous for no reason. They wont last forever, you did SUPERBLY dealing with them as you did.
                  I am proud of you, VERY

Comment

Thanks Starting. I AM proud of myself, but I have to get thru today. I am thinking positive that it will go OK; I think I'll tak a long walk to clear my mind and maybe even listen to the subliminal cd. It was pretty bad and I didn't like it one lousy little bit!!! K
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Krigs good for you. It does get easier with those mental cravings believe me. I guess though you have to be so vigilant at times and that's where it get's ya!!

MM. Great to see you posting here. Sorry for not giving you a warm welcome yesterday but was feeling a bit down and needed some head-space to be honest.

Cym thanks for your post earlier mate. Like you, I feel like I'm making a real bond with ya at present and it's good that we can discuss these things about our lives here amongst other friends. South Wales is not so far off and I love just getting away so may hold you to that juice soon. Sorry mate don't drink tea or coffee as most kinds of caffiene sends me nuts. Tell ya about that one another time!! (oh yeah even certain chinese food has been known to send me on my merry little way!!). As I say long story and probably had a lot to do with the drugs I was taking at that time. Hospitalized twice through 'speed'/vim LOL!!!!!

Anyway just checking back in for a minute. Had a shit day to be honest. Ex lying through her teath about where they'd been etc with Jas. She was fine apart from a few flush red cheeks but nothing that warranted her not bringing Jas to see me today. Anyway no blood on ya screens yet yeah? Managed to stop biting the lip after a few hours. Had major words today and will tell you all more later but need to "phone a friend" first.

Later troops

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hipps thanks for the kind words.
                        I am so sorry you are having issues with the ex that interfere with your visit with Jas. It is totally unfair and inconsiderate. Does your ex know how well you are doing? Do you have to wait until next weekend to see her?

Cy, I forgot to address your g/f. If she has just quit smoking she may be a time bomb these few days. I'm not saying the things she said were right but I bet she is in a bad way without the cigs. You're right to steer clear for a bit.

Krigs

Comment

keep truckin army the gike is sick as a dog and it aint from boozin,glad to see all is well in the front fellow M W OUTERS

Comment

Krigs we had just made out a 'plan' for proper access rights and she is know seeing things differently. She is playing happy families with her new boyfriend and her sister and her boyfriend etc. Ya know the 2 couples with the kids etc. Because the weather has been so nice I think they went away for the week-end doing things as couples do. No thought for me whatsoever. Why should she?. She is now saying that because she works 9-5 through the week that she only gets to spend some proper time with Jasmine at the week-ends. So where does that leave me? Well, not in a very good mood at present and probably the BIGGEST TRIGGER I've had in weeks to have a drink. Been managing my 'other' feelings quite well but today after telling people here that I was so happy about seeing my baby 'properly' again makes me feel kind of shite to be honest. I know I'll get by etc but I just hate 'getting by' like I said krigs, It's the mentality that does it when our emotions get the better of us! But it doesn't stop the thought process gaining some control. So yeah gotta be careful tonight/this evening and stick around the boards and be safe.

Gyco have you caught that orrible bug from O2M? Be well my friend

Love and Happiness
                            Hippie
                            xx
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Krigs, did you try the lglut under the tongue? It does help hun.

Gyco, you cannot be sick!! that is NOT allowed. hope you feel better soon matey.

Hipps, i am sorry it is still shite for you. I hope you can stay strong. Positive vibes are coming your way.

Comment

Hipps,
                                Can you do something fun for yourself today? I forgot it's probably 7p there. Just stay with us and we'll chat, chat, chat until you have to go to bed.
                                Starting, I'm out of L-glut. I guess I need to trip over to the health store (I may need to wait until 2morrow). I pretty much stopped all supps a couple of weeks ago. I will certainly go back to the L-glut. Thanks.
                                Gyco, Feel better soon, my friend. We need healthy soldiers here! Love ya.
                                Krigs

Comment

Working...
                                X