AF Army 21st September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Wally - how did the race go yesterday (or is it today)
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Wally are you talking about not buying anything from the moose man?

Comment

WIP, My parents are still quite healthy, although Dad has macular and can't see much anymore. They are in the process of moving into a 3-Tier facility where they will have a villa. They will have assisted care when the time comes and then nursing care, all at the same place. They are constantly thinking of us kids (my brother and I both live several states away from Florida now). In my opinion they could have stayed in their house but they know they need to be healthy to get into these places so they chose to make the move now. They are in their 80s but you wouldn't know it to look at them. Dad even still has black hair (very little grey at all!). I love them to bits!!! I'm glad your visit with your Mom was gentle today; it sounds like the perfect place for her to be right now. Krigs
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Zep, The guy looking for the Moose sounds like people on the lookout for Big Foot....Does he or doesn't he exist???? The million dollar question.
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Wally, I just noticed our posts have numbers....duh on me!!!

Comment

hippie37;418773 wrote: I'm sorry I caved in tonight! Just too much going on my head. I miss MY baby too much!
              Hipps you take care of yourself, get some sleep, and you'll be fine. Stick with us, hon. I know this is insanely difficult.

Comment

We have people who claim they have seen Moa's (they were big birds - kinda like an Emu or Ostrich)

Comment

Kriger, they sound like just lovely folks, your parents. I'm happy for them, and for you!

Zeps, you cracked me up with your mowing and discovery of the dishies comment! Glad to see you back here!

Where's Ruby today?

StartingO was it your mother who is ill? I'm so confused...

OK here's a picture, not from my ride, but from taking a break from my ride today (that's my beautiful bike, of course):

And then a shot of my sweetie Scarlet sitting on her chair out on our back deck:

Comment

here's a concrete moa Attached files [img]/converted_files/631215=4009-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

One2, please let us know if Adam is ok. You poor thing. Will it ever end? I wish I was there to help you. I love kids. Oh yeah, Cy, get your apple recipes ready for me, will ya. It is apple picking season here and my sister just picked a whole lot of apples and is going to bring them here.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Cute, very cute, WIP! What a fun day you had, I expect.

Comment

Zep, Is the Moa really that tall? That is one huge animal!!

Comment

Just watching a film called Green Street Hooligans. What is a Chelsea Grin?

Comment

WIP, Are you still there? If so I'll get a pic of Mom and Dad.

Comment

Krigs - apparently - there were 14 types of Moa - ranging in different sizes, they keep finding their skeletons in caves etc. When NZ was settled they were on the menu and unfortunately they are now extinct.

Comment

Working...
                                X