PEACE CORPS...ALL ARE WELCOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a broad face and a little round belly that shakes when I laugh,like a bowl full of jelly...NOT REALLY,that's a nursery story that I used to read my kids about SANTA.I do need to loss 15 or 20lbs. and Slim Shots is helping..
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I dont want to start an argument and dont want to sound bitchy, but all this AF army and peace corps thing over the last 2 days has really got to me and i feel i just have to say something. It seems both threads are virtually the same thing. People talking, enjoying eachothers company, helping eachother. Why cant we all just come back together as the family we were, cause i dont feel comfortable at the moment, and really dont know how all this got started. I feel definate tension through the p.c. I just want us all to talk together like we did instead of having 'rival' threads, which is how it feels to me even if it wasnt set out to be that way.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

And im exhausted checking out boath threads! lol!

Comment

CY,I am not trying to start a fight and it is silly to think anyone has to CHOOSE.I just think that there needs to be a safe place that doesn't say AF in the title...Many think that they are not welcome there because of that word.I know that you don't feel that way but the title is intimidating to some.

Comment

so do we all need to agree on a name for it like striving to be af thread or something?

Comment

Well, Im not AF so I dont feel like I "belong" on the AF thread, but I STILL do like to talk..
              ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I miss being part of the AF thread, but Im hardly going to lie to you guys, and myself, that Im AF when Im not.
                WIP said it herself, that I should think about whether the AF thread was right for me...
                And to be honest, I agree with her.. it aint the thread for me. I LOVE to talk to you guys, but if Im hampering your AF-ness, then I have no right to be there.
                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I am back from GROCERY's..tonight's menu is gonna be Armadillo Eggs....Yes armadillo Eggs.I got the recipe while I was eating at a sidewalk caf? in Salem,Mass.I went there because I was so curious about the Witches...What a trip that was..Anyway the EGGS are just stuffed Jalape?o peppers (farmer cheese) covered with Salsa and baked off for 45 Min's. or so .Then I top with shredded cheese...Spicey but extra easy and good with tossed salad and sour dough bread.

Comment

mmmmm...jalapenos..
                    and salsa!
                    Can I come round for dinner?

Comment

Try it ...IT IS GREAT...DINNER IS AT 6..

Comment

Aw.. Evie.. I am tempted now
                        Have you posted your recipe here?

Comment

Evie, I make something like that, but I use Poblano peppers, larger and not quite as hot (I roast and peel them first).

With regard to the whole judgmental thing, although I haven't been around very long on MWO, all in all I have found people to be very supportive, even when folks slip up. My goal is to moderate, which is probably not possible, but I'm still gonna try. At least now I feel I have the tools and the support to give it a shot. Right now my head is not in the right place to totally give up alcohol for the rest of my life, but I can definitely see improvements already just in moderating and several AF days a week. Lots of people have said that red wine will start tasting horrible after a while--still waiting for that to happen!

Anyway, I am very happy to have found MWO and the lively conversations and comments. If I get mad or upset, I can always jump to another thread or create one, as you did, Evie. Kay

Comment

Welcome KTB...Your idea about roasting first is a good one..Some people aren't fire eaters,like Chelle and I...
                            Chelle my sweet,I don't really have a recipe for anything i cook..It is about ...alittle this and a little that and cook until done...It is cooking techniques that interest me..Let share on ideas of what goes with what and how to put them together..

Comment

All the stores are putting out Christmas stuff already and I haven't even thought of how to decorate for Halloween YET...

Comment

Right .. I am definintley going to experiment with the salsa now
                                I LOVE salso... and so does my O/H and son..
                                If anything, they can have fun tasting my "experiments"... until I get it right

Comment

Working...
                                X