OMG I'M BORED suggestions please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already: finished a book, done yard work, cooked (bean stew yum), read a magazine. have a movie to watch but saving that for when it gets dark. need to fill some time here...

Go for a walk. Play a game on the computer. do the washing up Clean a cupboard out Clean the car. Come join us for a chat on the AF thread. Hope that helps babb.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

ive been cleaning alot to... cleaning,and shopping.. argh

Comment

on the Nordstrom website now, about to white buy patent leather boots, somebody stop me......:handbag:

Comment

Are you bored because you haven't been drinking? If so, maybe it's time to take up a new hobby that will consume your extra time, like tennis, dancing classes, photography. Those would be my top choices if I had the extra time.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey Babbs,
            Nordys is one of my favorite places. It does seem there is a lot of extra time on our hand with out AL. I am glad yesterday is over, They had a hard time keeping my face numb so it was not a pleasant experience and I have not changed the dressing yet because I don't want to look at it. They got all the cancer and put in stitches and left some open to fill in on its own. Today is day 16 AF. It should be 15 for you then, correct? I did do some shopping this afternoon and got all kinds of stares with this bog bandage on my face, was kind of funny to see how many people stare...
            HW

Comment

I always go to Ebay and look at Italian leather bags or boots,maybe gold jewelry...Something over the top...If you push the start with lowest button,you can see Prada for starting bid .99...I am almost always out bid but it's fun to watch and have got many real bargains that way...Nature is another way I fight boredom.Cloud gazing,listening to the birds,feeling the breeze etc. etc.Works for me..
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

oops, that was supposed to be big not bog...do you have any hobbies? I have been trying to take a lot of walks when I get bored. Do you like to walk or jog?

Comment

i used to LOVE walking, would take the dogs 3-4 miles a day. but developed chronic plantar's faciitis in my feet over 3 years ago. have tried everything short of voodoo to get rid of it. it's really debilitating, i can walk maybe 15-20 minutes before the pain and cramping kicks in too strong. real bummer. hobbies have been cooking, stained glass (don't have space for it right now) and i have volunteered with the elderly in the past just waiting for a reassignment at the moment. hopefully something will come up on that front.

Comment

and sorry to hear about your face H08, ouch. at least you didn't let it keep you in the house, good for you

Comment

um... condition your hair?
                      mine is really long and it takes forever so that it really eats up a good 2 hrs.
                      then maybe a face mask... look at howto.com for natural hair and face mask.

um. otherwise... keep reading! and keep a new vocab list. (i'm a dork, i know... can't help it.. gave up trying!)

Comment

I had plantar's faciitis about a year ago from running. That can be very painful especially if it's in both feet. Have you tried massaging it with a tennis ball (rolling your foot over the tennis ball) or a cortisone shot?
                        sigpic

Comment

oh yeah, tennis ball was a while ago, also tried golf balls. have been to a podiatrist, orthopaedist, chiropractor, acupunturist, have 3 sets up custom shoe inserts. right now i'm wearing these huge boots to bed every night. like i said, everything short of voodoo.

Comment

I share your pain (literally) with the foot problems. I've really gotten back into riding my bike this summer.

I've discovered that I sometimes drank because I didn't feel like doing any of the things I like to do or need to do. Sometimes I am just tired. So I have gotten better at wasting time without alcohol, including checking here a lot, taking naps and cruising EBay.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

all of the above .. enjoy and be happy and proud of yourself ..stay strong and think positive
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X