Is there a difference...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a difference...

Between relapse and slip? i should know this.. is one where you continue drinking and the other just a one nite of use? Also another question: do you notice you don't look yourself for about a week or two after such? or is it just me?

:thanks:for sharing the truth.
    Ripped.

Is there a difference...

Its just you Rip.... definitely.
    BH

Comment

Is there a difference...

Hey Rips, I always used to look at myself in the mirror and make silent comments to myself about how awful I looked after I'd been drinking. Terrible thing to do. I don't recommend it!

There are all kinds of definitions, used different ways by different people, of: slip, relapse, and lapse. Usually "slip" is the same as "lapse" which is less severe than what would be called a "full-blown relapse."

It's ALWAYS good to stop short of anything that might be called "full-blown relapse," isn't it??

wip

Comment

Is there a difference...

Just kidding! Would have thought relapse is more long term like if you were off it for months and then you went back drinking again and had to start all over after a while. Whereas a slip might just be a wee set back but you were back on the wagon again quick smart. Why you asking? And yes I am sure we all look complete shite after a relapse/slip.... although during the drunken stage of the relapse/slip you might just think you were drop dead georgeous but its just an illusion....sadly... Hope you are ok?
        BH

Comment

Is there a difference...

well i do not know, as i have not returned to regular drinking.. i have times when i use, then stop. i have been flirting with the bottle since May on and off ... its really time to doo some good time off again.. i feel pretty guilty and think i look like a different person, could be just me ... i never did this before. stopping and then slowly bringing it back into the body???

Comment

Working...
          X