I can't believe this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe this

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I can't believe this

Hi Juley

I just wanted to reiterate what boozehag said about drinking and smoking. I was the same way. I NEVER smoked unless I drank, and I NEVER drank unless i could smoke. Like BH I had to quit drinking in order to quit smoking. Now I don't care to drink if I can't have a cigarette to go with it. It might not be worth a try to say I'm not going to smoke. Then maybe the drink won't be so desirable???:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I can't believe this

I think I would finish going crazy if I tried to quit smoking right now but what you said makes a lot of sense. Something to think about.

Comment

I can't believe this

Juley,

You can do this. I agree with Gia, hardest thing I have ever done. We have all been where you are. I began to regain my self-worth by living in a way that is no longer a disappointment or embarassment to myself. The day we realize that we are worth the effort that it takes to pattern our lives in such a way that, at the end of the day, we can reflect and be content with our actions, is when we know we have succeeded with sobriety. Define exactly what it is that you want you (as a person) to be. Then do just that. The early days are difficult, but nothing that is worthwhile is easy.

:h
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I can't believe this

Juley,
            Just wanted to say hi!

Read your story and I can see many similarities in my own background especially regarding relationships..I had a BF that ran up a massive phone bill on me, over 2k, and I had no idea as he had been hiding the bills from me - wasn't a stripper in his case but gay chat lines - can you believe that - my dad ended up having to pay the bill as he had gone as security on it. I was mortified not to mention in shock over the gay part. Not to mention also that I paid all the bills etc. and then he had the cheek to criticise my job and that I was on crap pay - he was a budding musician of course and never earned any money. Never even liked his music so not sure what kept us together - lol!

I have tried a few times now to stay off AL and tried moderating and it never works, once I have a drink I have another and another and on it goes. Evenings are the hardest for me but once I get past the main part of the evening I am fine but if I have one drink I will have to go and have another so I must try to give it up totally. On day two AF again today.
            Try joining AF Army thread or the ODAT or 7 day thread if you want to start with a smaller AF goal. We are all going through the same thing and all here to help each other.

:h
            Bandit
            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Working...
            X