Hard to Stay AF When You're SICK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, I've been sick for days (running a low-grade fever around 100 degrees), coughing, feeling like shit. My skin hurts, my back hurts. No appetite. Just going through the motions, trying to get through the day, doing what I absolutely have to do. Puppies to the vet, scooping poop, mopping pee. Don't know what I have, but if I'm not better tomorrow, to the doctor I go. I'm drinking wine now, and feeling better (arrgh!). I didn't want to, but I was hurting so badly. Anyone else had this problem? Kay

Oh, I have drank many times just to feel better. I understand. I'm wishing you get well soon so you can tackle this with all of your energy and strength! :h
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Thanks, River, I guess you and I are the only ones. Kay

Comment

KTB,

Hope you feel better soon! The wine will not help.

Comment

You would think that being sick would be even more encouragement to be AF. Not so for most of us -- well me anyway. I was throwing up last Christmas with a stomach flu and still drank just a few. Pathetic, isn't it. AL does weaken our immune systems though. Probably best to keep the wine to a minimum at least and get some good rest so your body can bounce back.

Comment

Hi KTB, I have done exactly that! Totally understand. It is harder to be healthy when we dont feel well. You must have a virus? Lots of WATER and maybe some soup if you can manage it? I hope you feel better soon.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

KTB, being sick was always my excuse to break out the brandy for "medicinal" purposes. arg!
              and the red wine was a given. felt better at the moment but then had a double whammy hangover later and often relapsed into more sickness.
              hydrate! and do something to distract yourself like a movie?
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

KTB,

Had a nasty virus in the fall of 1990. I remember it well, because I had three little ones to take care of. Ex-hub and I were seperated, before my divorce, so no one to help. Ran a low grade fever, ached all over, felt like crap. Went to the Dr. twice. It lasted 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. The Dr. told me when I went the first time that it could last 2-3 weeks. I can remember thinking, "I need medicine!" May not be the same thing. But some of these bugs do linger. I used OTC cold/flu meds, lots of water, lots of rest. Hope you feel better sooner than later. Hugs, Best
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Dear KTB,I totally relate.When I was sick, I didn't have the strength to fight AL,so I drank.I drank and drank until I was even sicker than when i started...I had 17yrs. sober but during a nasty Divorce and the feeling of being alone,I turned to AL...Certainly after all those years I could DRINK ALITTLE(just to get me thru)...NO WAY, in a week I was back to the quantity that I had been at,so many years ago...When I finally went to a Dr. about my low grade fever, he said my liver was swollen and I my be coming down with Pancreatitis..YICKS...all ready??? The next few years were BINGE...CLEAN...BINGE...CLEAN until the times between drinks just BLURRED..It was so hard on my body and I finally did get Pancreatitis and almost died...AL is a LIER and a THEIF...don't let him do to you what he did to me..
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks all. Feeling some better. Breathing treatment at the doc's, cortisone shot, oral steroids, inhaler, azithromycin (in addition to all the other crap I am taking--supps and topa). I feel like my life is a roller coaster of pill popping. Ugh! She did say she though it was viral, but gave me the the azithromycin just in case. Everything kind of makes me feel sick. The new Topa I got from Canada does make my hands tingle a little and my lips quiver, but not too bad. I can live with it. Hoping for a good weekend and have been AF for the last two days. One weird thing--when I get up in the morning, kind of having temporary psychedelic vision stuff going on. Who knows what that's about. Peace, Kay

Comment

Working...
                    X