AF Army September 23 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army September 23 08

I'm okay now. It's this afternoon that will be rough. Maybe I'll just cook a bunch of food for my husbo to eat when he gets home tomorrow or take it to my neighbors, who are elderly. They appreciate the treats
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

I would go insane with 10 kids...LOL!!
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Hello everyone....been MIA for a few days, don't even want to mention what I was doing....

I am floundering and having such a tough time. I am reading...and I want to do this, but I have NO willpower....insight? I don't want this consuming my life anymore....
        AF July 6 2014

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Welcome Christy, this is a great place to get inspiration, motivation and willpower too when you need it. I think we all feel like we reached the end of our tethers, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, sharing reading and the tools available here will help you.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Christy, I went AWOL this weekend myself and am trying to get back on track today. Read back through today's posts on this thread and you may find something to help you. Let us know if we need to bump something up for you to find, okay?
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

christyacc;420492 wrote: Hello everyone....been MIA for a few days, don't even want to mention what I was doing....

I am floundering and having such a tough time. I am reading...and I want to do this, but I have NO willpower....insight? I don't want this consuming my life anymore....
              Christy, I'm glad you posted here. Is it your goal to be AF? If so, this is the right place. Here's a way to start: you will have to make a LOT of changes in your daily routine, and in your thinking, in order to succeed. Have you read the MWO book? If not, then that should be high on your list; and if so, then you already know the tools that are recommended. Also recommended is to spend a lot of time here, both posting about how you are doing, and also reading a lot of other posts. This is not something that can be done just by gritting your teeth and hoping for willpower. Remember, this is not just a support group; it is also a PROGRAM for recovery!

best wishes,

wip

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Thank you...I have read the book....I went off the Kudzu but started again today...I am also taking L-Glutamine and Gaba. I don't want to go to the dr's and am terrified to order Topamax online......afraid of what it will do to me, side effects, etc.

My goal is to be AF. I don't need it....I need to tell myself when I desire it....I am allergic......just as someone might be to peanuts, etc--they can't have it.

I am also reading the Rational Recovery book...just got it today.....makes sense.
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Christy, so sorry to hear youve had a bad couple of days. I bumped a thread up earlier about cravings that may help. Are you with someone or on your own? Are you working? Im not at the mo, and the boredom is a killer. Trying to keep as occupied as possible. When iquit, i had to get rid of all the alc in my house(there wasnt much mind, id drunk most of it!). The temptation of it being there was too big.
                  Keep reading and posting. Good luck and take care
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Good starts, Christy! How about exercise, how about the self-hypnosis CD's, how about going to an AA meeting? Make a list of the things you are committed to doing when the urges/cravings are strong. Stuff like this: take a 10-minute walk; eat something you enjoy; watch all or part of a movie; read an enjoyable book for at least 10 minutes; play a video game for at least 10 minutes; call someone on the phone (someone safe); come onto MWO and post something; go into chat on MWO... Very often, 10 minutes of doing SOMETHING ELSE is all it takes for a craving/urge to go away or at least diminish. And you can always opt for another 10-minute distractor, until you feel stronger!

wip

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

cymru;420513 wrote: Christy, so sorry to hear youve had a bad couple of days. I bumped a thread up earlier about cravings that may help. Are you with someone or on your own? Are you working? Im not at the mo, and the boredom is a killer. Trying to keep as occupied as possible. When iquit, i had to get rid of all the alc in my house(there wasnt much mind, id drunk most of it!). The temptation of it being there was too big.
                      Keep reading and posting. Good luck and take care
                      I am married, but alone, because he doesn't understand. All I have to help me through is reading that I am NOT alone and that there are others who are in the same boat as me. I thought I could moderate, but I can't and I really don't want to. I want to end this.....

I do work, but part time and in retail. So my hours are different all the time. For example, today I work 2-9:30pm, which will be ok as I won't drink when I come home. I will kiss my babes good night and head there myself after checking the posts.

My issues is beer.....I do not drink anything else.....if there isn't any beer then I won't drink it and some days even if there is beer, I won't drink it.

Anyone here taking Topamax?
                      AF July 6 2014

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Im taking campral which has helped with the cravings alot.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Hi Christyacc,
                          Sorry to hear that things have been difficult lately. Haven't been the best either myself but on day 2 again today and giving it my best shot. Glad to see you have joined the 7 day thread, I think that will help me a lot too.
                          Off to make the dinner now - cooking helps me keep busy and it will be chile con carne tonight for me too as I find spicy food helps the cravings for me. My army of kids will be heading home soon also so that too will help the cravings!
                          :h
                          Bandit
                          There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Sorry I'm slow a bit, MS is acting up badly with weather change here. Sleep a lot, still tired, but have to keep going. It would be so easy to stay on the couch all day when I feel like this, but I know one day I may NOT be able to get up and go, so have to make the most of today. Waaa, waaaa,waaaaa, I know. Not looking for pity, and I certainly don't get any from family! That's good for me, really, since it's hard for me to take help. Anyway, I'm not cooking tonight, so that helps. Usually have big meal (last night was hot wings, fries, pizza bites, salad, dinner rolls). Leaving tomorrow for the cabin. Can't wait!! Hubs will come up Friday or Saturday. and I hope to be able to just spend time getting close to him again.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Ruby, that sounds like a nice getaway. Enjoy yourself and your hubby
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army September 23 08

Thanks, LTG. I'm just very tired now, and not looking forward to 2 1/2 hour trip ( thru Hotlanta), the capital of crazy drivers. Just want to get to my little end of the world. Only 4 1/2 acres, but it feels like the middle of the wilderness. Hope to catch some trout for a nice supper. GREAT restaraunts in the area, and live theatre productions, and it's a big artist colony. (Oh, and we're just a few miles from the lastest Bigfoot extravaganza.)
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X