Peace Corps 23 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace Corps 23 September

Hi All, Late starting this thread today because Ive just come back from work.
    Hope everyone is well today
    Evie - going to find that freedom song on youtube and will post it
    New Day - nice to see you here!
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Peace Corps 23 September

This the one?

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJx0LVpsc&feature=related]YouTube - Richie Havens - Freedom[/ame]
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Love that tune Chelle! Best tune from the Woodstock video.

Have a good day hun.

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Hello all
        I would like to join the thread, I read all the posts last night and thought this would be a good place for me. I'm a little shy, even in cyberspace so I need to push myself and keep reading and posting my thoughts. Hope everyone has a great day.
        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Hi Hippie - was listening to a whole other bunch of songs by him on the links on youtube where I found it.. wish I couldv'e been around at the time of Woodstock!

Hi 1morechance Good to see you here. Yep, just keep reading lots and keep posting!

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Gah.. I hate paypal... my ONLY means of buying stuff online and I cant access my account now!
            grrr.. thats my only chance of getting antabuse out the window

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Hi Guys,Welcome,onemore,Love the song Chelle,and the Woodstock album.I have an old vinyl one but i am gonna break down and buy the CD,much more practical,I think...I love the word Freedom !!! As a young person,I heard Martin Luther King give his,I HAD A DREAM SPEECH.I last sentence of that still rings in my ears.(FREE AT LAST,Thank GOD ALL MIGHTY,WE ARE FREE AT LAST)..After many months on this site there is a theme of people that seem to be crying for freedom.Alcohol has imprisoned them and taken away their freedom of choice...I understand this feeling.I know for me that I loss my freedom of choice when I take the first drink.At that point,the drink takes over and one leads me to one hundred or one thousand.I am coming to know that this freedom is gone forever,for me.It has been very hard to accept this and only thru being imprisoned over and over that I now know it is true...So my only hope at that feeling of being free is to focus on the choice that is still left up to me NOT TO TAKE THE FIRST DRINK.Then I am out of prison on parole for at least a little while...I am trying to focus on what I can DO and pay little attention to what I CAN'T..With your help and strength I will be able to remain Free...Blessings to you all.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

HI HIPS,You and I are still into the Woodstock Generation.You are about the age of my son and he loved 60s & 70s music when he was growing up,as long as I pretended NOT TOO LIKE IT.no way i could say(love that band) or he would instantly put on heavy metal...The reverse physiology worked and we were both happy.You will see what I mean,as your little one grows up..

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Hiya Evie
                  You're soooo right - alcohol is like a prison sentence. Actually, I think Id rather have a spell in prison than spend my life locked up an this AL cell

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

I think the same is true for me...ANYTHING BUT AL...I dug a big hole (in my mind) and want so much to BURY THE BEAST,FOREVER...I dug it 6ft. deep but I may need to dig even deeper...AL has his ways of resurfacing .....

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Many, Many thanks to Hippie.. he's just offered me a lifeline in sending me some antabuse tablets.. cos I cant get them on t'internet.
                      There are some truly wonderful people in this world

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Rightio.. Im off to walk my dogs (with a spring in my step today, cos this is a HAPPY day)
                        Will be back later
                        Take Care all of you

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

I am so HAPPY FOR YOU Chelle...I have extra Campral,if you need that...HIPPIE IS SUCH A CARING MAN...I AM SO GLAD TO KNOW HIM...LOVE YA HIPS...The walk idea sounds really good...Catch ya all soon..

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Good Day to Everyone (Chelle and Evie ... thanks for this thread). I'm just starting my day ... enjoying my coffee and feeling GREAT! I guess I'm still learning .... I'm still of the mind that I'd like most days to be AF, and then be able to Moderate when the social occassion calls for it. No more drinking at home alone --- rule number 1! If because of that mindset, please tell me if you'd rather I not post here. Seriously, you won't hurt my feelings.
                            The sun is shining and it's a beautiful comfortable day ... (both outdoors and in my head..LOL!). Went to my 2nd yoga class (for beginners) last night and had a cup of peppermint tea before bed. Had a good night's sleep and feel fantastic!

I wish everyone a great AF day with positive energy to deal with whatever life is throwing at you.

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Love ya too Evie! Will be sending you an e-mail shortly when I get back from Wales. I think you more than most here understand my need to find my true self again. One thing I know for sure these days is that I ain't 'running away' no more. Gonna spend this time away wisely and alcohol/drug free. I'm blessed to have such a good friend who I can rely on to see that happens too. She has been a mate for many many years and we go way back. The good thing is as well is that there is no sexual tension between us. We both now where we stand and that holds a lot of weight with me. Hate this pre-conceived conception that males can't have girl friends AS friends because we are always thinking about getting our leg over. Reading about shamanism really opened my eyes to the aspect of the non-sexual nature of our being.

That's not to say I don't get horny by the way!!!!lol

Love and Happiness
                              Hippie
                              xx
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X