Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace Corps 23 September

Hi,

Can I jump in? I'm really new, I'm tapering down my Al intake. Can't for one minute say I'm Al free but I'm determined to get there in the end. This seems like a nice friendly thread and I'd like to join if that's ok.

My name "forever" was chosen at a bad moment (see my first posts). I DO want to be forever alcohol free but I think that's too big a goal at the moment. So let's just say for now, I want to try to be better. I might undertake a name change when I have enough posts under my belt.

If this is not an appropriate thread for me to join in, just let me know. No offence taken.

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

So glad that you have a companion you can share with.Will and I were Friends for nearly 10 yrs.before we were lovers..He has always been able to understand me,as your friend understands you...You know that you can always depend on our support.I feel that I GET WHO YOU ARE,and I really love and respect that person..We are going to see the shaman Steven Farmer in a few weeks.he has some interesting books.He is married to Doreen Virtue(the angel author) who I have studied with for a long time..Check out there web sites..Craig Ferguson has a remedy that may help your condition,my friend...He calls it SELF MASSAGE...Have fun...
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Welcome aboard Forever,you will find much support here...Let us get to know you!!!
        Dearest NEW DAY,Please feel welcome here,with us...You are safe in every way to speak your mind and we will support YOUR GOALS...OK??

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Welcome aboard Forever,you will find much support here...Let us get to know you!!!
          Dearest NEW DAY,Please feel welcome here,with us...You are safe in every way to speak your mind and we will support YOUR GOALS...OK??
          Everyone is welcome here...AF or MOD...We are here to help you reach your goals..

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Thank you Evie ---- I will come here often then. Got to get on with my day now though! Going to the gym first though. Having a clear head and some energy makes a workout much more appealing! .... THEN I'll get on with the "to do" list!
            Have a great day everyone .... I'll check back later!

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Looking forward to getting to know you NEW DAY...Enjoy your work out..

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

LMAO Hippy!!!

What a joy to read a happy thread - you guys are rocking!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

We can change HIPPY'S name to HAPPY, cause he always makes me smile...Nice to hear from you DeeBee...

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

I'll make you 'Happy' Evie!!lol Give that hairy hand a hug from me. You are both true spirits in this world of madness. I think you and hubby are the 'few' that actually 'get this' world. Need more people like you in it.

Hows your boy doing hun?

Love Hips
                    xx
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

THANKS FOR YOUR SWEET AND KIND WORDS,HAPPY,HIPPIE....Son Jamie is getting his head straight...finally left the cult,got a girlfriend(11 yrs. his senior,but who cares?).Got a job at Crystal Mount. ski resort in Tacoma Washington and going back to his Ayurvedic training...I am relieved.I didn't ask him to leave(even though i wanted too).I guess he got fed up with them..Will has been sweating while doing yard work so time to give him his bubble bath..Catch ya later..

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Hiya Everyone, just checking in
                        Evie - Glad your son got a girlfriend.. great news! Age "is only a number" after all.. its his happiness that counts.
                        My doggies jumped straight into the mud today... so they're not quite the white Samoyeds they usually are...! Actually, they look more like german shepherds once they get into the mud LOL.
                        Bathtime methinks...
                        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Right... Since I know my antabuse is on its way, tomorrow is an AF day for me.. so I can have a minimum of 24 hours AF under my belt before I start the tabs.
                          Tonight is the 'Last Supper'... I have bought a white wine and I am going to drink it (in a proper wine glass, not hiding it away in a tumbler) and I am going to think about all my AF days ahead of me.

I have kudzu on the way too

C
                          *Armed*
                          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Chelle,Samoyed's look so pretty when they are snowy white and smile the way they do.I saw the pics and yours is beautiful.they are truly one of my favorites...I miss my doggy Eleanor,sooo much.maybe i will post her pic,tomorrow...Hips is so good to help you with your Antabuse..I keep it close,just in case I am about to lose it.I find L Glut. under the tongue to be very good for cravings.make sure that you do not put kudzu under the tongue....the taste of it is horrible..Enjoy your last supper,Tomorrow will be the first of many,many suppers AF...I have found so many other AF drinks that i like now...Flavored bubble water in my best crystal wine,for a fancy dinner,is pretty and tastes good.the evening with Hubby is much more enjoyable with out the alcohol and i am very lucky that he doesn't drink.He says it dulls the senses and i have found that to be true..Think I will make Tabuli and hummus for dinner.I need to use up the Pita bread in the freezer...

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Corny but it "spoke" to me

Hi again

I was listening to this song (cheesy song by a UK band called Take That). It's called "Shine". It's probably a love song or something but some of the lyrics reminded me of my battle with Al and the way I'm feeling about being determined to beat it this time.

"Stop being so hard on yourself
                              It's not good for your health
                              I know that you can change
                              So clear your head and come round
                              You only have to open your eyes
                              You might just get a big surprise
                              And it may feel good and you might want to smile, smile, smile"
                              [ame= ]YouTube - Take That - Shine[/ame]

I've tapered down today. I am hoping to be alcohol free tomorrow

:thanks:

Comment

Peace Corps 23 September

Chelle12;420664 wrote: Right... Since I know my antabuse is on its way, tomorrow is an AF day for me.. so I can have a minimum of 24 hours AF under my belt before I start the tabs.
                                Tonight is the 'Last Supper'... I have bought a white wine and I am going to drink it (in a proper wine glass, not hiding it away in a tumbler) and I am going to think about all my AF days ahead of me.

I have kudzu on the way too

C
                                *Armed*
                                Chelle that is great to hear, good luck hun you sound so positive its lovely!
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X