new at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new at this

Just wanted to check out how to interact. My 3rd day AF and Im off work today. I am a little scared.

new at this

You're doing fine, and welcome!

Tell us more about yourself, if you like. We'll be happy to help you, lots of people here are working on getting and staying AF!

wip

Comment

new at this

WELCOME NEEDA,This is a great tool to help you get thru the early days without AL.I spent many a day,nearly all day on this site,in the beginning.Even now,months later,it is one of my favorite things to do.The people here are wonderful and understand what you are going thru..It has been a big part in my getting and staying sober..I couldn't have done it without them and I am very grateful.We will be here for you on your path to recovery.Stay close,read alot and just be honest..YOU CAN DO THIS,WE CAN HELP..
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

new at this

HI! and :welcome:
        3 days AF is GREAT You're doing well and have found a great community to share your feelings with. Keep posting!
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

new at this

Hello Need,

Keep busy today. Do you have a to do list? Especially during the time you used to like to drink. You need to change your routine for awhile anyway. You might spend a little time downloading and reading My Way Out if you haven't already. Exercise. Drink lots and lots of water. Keep reading here and post some more--if you have any questions, ask away!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

new at this

Welcome Need ----You've found a great place. I hadn't been able to go AF for more than a day or 2 at the very most for years before finding MWO a couple of months ago. I'm still struggling, but I have at least three times as many AF days as not. It's getting easier and I'm feeling the positive results of being AF.
            You'll find a lot of encouragement from people who have been in your shoes and therefore supportive rather than critical.
            :welcome:

Comment

new at this

I always tell myself it really doesnt matter or come up with some excuse. I have little to no will power and most of the time I tell myself I dont even know if I want to quit. I blame my husband for making a big deal out of it. Then there are times when i hate myself because I know I went way over my limit. I love beer. it is my best friend. Am 42 and have been drinking since I was 15. has gotten much more frequent in the last year.

Comment

new at this

A to do list. Not very motivated. Really just want to cry. I havent been able to sleep much the last 2 niights and I have a headache worst than when I drink. I also feel look I look worst than I did Sun am when I woke up with a hangover. Usually if I am not at work, I drink a few breakfast beers. Gets me going for the day. I am having a hard time starting without them.

Comment

new at this

Hi there change. You know you have to quit, but its important to want to quit aswll. You are in a safe place with great support. Keep posting and reading the threads is a big help to me. Take care.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

new at this

Don't forget there are many aids to make this time easier: Natural aids for sleeping, supplements, good nourishment, exercise, etc. I have quit many times and have found supplements make a huge difference in helping me to feel better physically and mentally and reduce cravings.

And come here whenever you feel the need. There are always people here to help you through the rough patches.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

new at this

Change,

Unfortunately, it got worse for me the first week or so, before it got better. And it is so tempting to just drink, to get rid of the jitters, headach, everything that we go through in those early days. But it is soooo worth it, when you start to feel better. You are doing great! Keep it up. come here - read - post. You will get support without judgement. lots of good advice. You can do it! Hugs, Best
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

new at this

needachange,
                        I'm glad you found us.
                        It is difficult, there is no denying it, but the rewards are immense.
                        Good luck to you.

Comment

new at this

WElcome,
                          You have come to a great spot. I agree with beatle, there are alot of supplements to help you get through the tough times. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Try to get the book and read Robertas story, she also talks about the supplements in there. Good luck.
                          Help

Comment

new at this

Welcome Need,
                            You have found a great place with a wonderful group of people to support you along the way. Try to find things to busy yourself with in the early days; that will help the time go by that you would normally be drinking. A lot of people have found it helpful to make of list of all the reasons you WANT to quit. Keep it with you so you can refer to it when things get rough. I can guarantee, if you get through a few more days you will feel much better. The supplements are important and drinking A LOT of water. The water may help with your headaches. We get so dehydrated when we drink, so we need to get that whole system of ours readjusted, so to speak.

I used to drink about 12-15 beers a day and before I quit was popping beers even in the morning. I knew when that started happening a few days in a row that something had to give. I found this site and have now strung 51 AF days under my belt. I have to say, the transformation has been nothing short of miraculous. I hope you stay with us and post often; that is a key component in the beginning. Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you better.
                            Kriger
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                            X