No Recession With MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Recession With MWO

If I give up my drink of choice, cheap chardonnay, for one year while drinking at home I will save $4380 per year. If I count what I spend when I go out to eat (yeah, right, to drink) it would come to about $6460. That's not counting when I forget I buy other people's drinks. Now, if my husband jumped on board, he would save about $5475 per year on beer. Counting going out that would be $6775 a year. Between the two of us we would save, at a minimum, $13235. I think I should write that down somewhere. How about you? :wow3:
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

No Recession With MWO

hmmm... I would save (bear with me.. not too bright at maths) ?10.99 a day, so that's ?76.93 a week (hurrah for windows calculators...) and that would be ?4000 a year.

Bloody Hell...

How "sobering" is that???
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

No Recession With MWO

I know and I'm complaining about upcoming college costs next year for my son. That would pay for his college for a year. I feel like an idiot!
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

No Recession With MWO

Keep in mind that is after-tax income. So if your income tax is 26%, you have to earn $16,676 to spend $13,325. If you have state income tax, in Oregon ours is 9.5%, it grows to $18,381 in earnings required to spend $13,325

If you take half that amount an move it to an IRA you can save an additional $2080 in taxes ($3037 if you have state income tax) which you get in cash because tax savings are by definition "after tax".

So take the $2080 in tax savings, add it to the $10,831 you didn't put in the IRA, and go spend $12,921 on a boat or an RV or a fun vacation.

Comment

No Recession With MWO

I know that I easily spent $10,000.00 At least...But if you add into that my lack of ability to do my work and accept engagements the total is closer to $100,00.00...YICKS, thank God I can work again and feel productive.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

No Recession With MWO

Also, my b/f pointed out that my ?4000 a year does not include the 12-15 glasses of large white wine that I would have in various pubs every week.
            Sooo.. wine here being an average of ?3 a glass.... making it ?45 a week, and over ?2000 a year...

I will be saving over ?6000 every year!!! OMG
            ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

No Recession With MWO

I was a cheap drunk. Spent about $3,000.00 a year. Times 16 years = $48,000.00. Now that would be a nice chunk of change to have!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
              X