Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace Corps 24th September

Morning Folks,
    Not at work today so thought Id start this thread early.
    Got a dentist appointment this afternoon to find out whether Im going to have to have two teeth out (one's an impacted wisdom tooth and blocking the decaying one next to it) so Im not looking forward to that! Hopefully I can re-schedule and get a sedative, cos Im terrified of dentists!
    Why is it that those of us who have a phobia of dentists, are always the ones who need the most work doing?! lol

I had my last glass of wine last night, cos I need to get 24 hours AF before I start on the antabuse, and to be honest, I didnt really enjoy it all that much.. didnt finish the bottle like I would usually do... its still in the fridge.

Hope everyone has a great day today, whether AF, modding, or taking baby steps to achieve their goals

C
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G52Z84vF4fk]YouTube - Cat Stevens - Peace Train[/ame]

:h :groupluv: :h
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

oh so sorry you are going thru that i dont like dentist either..but anyway hope you try to enjoy your
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

ahhh.. wednesdays... neither here nor there..
        think I prefer monday mornings!

Comment

Hi Chelle,
          I also like Monday am. Working at a job enjoy is a pleasant thing after a restful weekend. I particularly enjoy it now because I used to binge drink on Sunday p.m. - NO MORE! Wednesdays are also good, though, because just work a half day. I have a 90% position, with one afternoon off per week. What a deal!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning
            Chelle12 I feel for you, I had dental work and I'm at home taking antibiotics and advils. Hope everything goes well for you. Although I was anxious before the procedure it gave me an opportunity to really think about my drinking. Because I couldn't drinking, my head was clear and I was able to take those few days before to really look at my life, get centered by doing t'ai chi, and meditating. It helped during the surgery (I was awake) to have done these things a few days in advance and to also have my ipod with me to listen to relaxing music.

Hope everyone has a great hump day; I'll be home eating soft foods and trying to get this swelling down with some ice. I'll check in tomorrow!
            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
            ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Oh MY..Chelle,Dental problems are the worse...Just had 2 teeth out and burned my mouth from constant salt water rinsing and then chewing ice...Together they caused FROSTBITE...I hope it goes well for you and not to much pain is involved..It sounds like you are getting the right mindset to help you stop AL...I sent you LOVE AND STRENGTH..
              Hey Mr. T,there you go again with that camel...I am naming him KaBOO...he is my new pet.I posted a pic of my DOG in gallery,at night.I miss her muchly
              sunbeam,I see you are from NY.I was born in Jamestown and raised just outside of Lilydale...I miss this time of year.The trees are beautiful and the air so crisp.
              Dear 1more,I do CHI GONG...have you heard of Luke Chan?? i love his CHI GONG DVD.
              Gonna go for a walk downtown...Catch ya soon..
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Checking in to say I haven't managed my AF goal today but I have consumed much much less than I would usually have done so I'm chalking it up as a success. I've also eaten, which is a bonus.

I absolutely have to be AF tomorrow as I have to drive somewhere then I've got my new boyfriend coming to see me and he doesn't drink. Thankfully he gave me another chance after I threw him out the other day for telling me I stunk of booze!!!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow :illbeback:

Comment

Forever,I am sending you strength and I absolutely believe you can do this.The new B/F will fit right into your new AF life style.Hubby doesn't drink so it makes life so much easier for me...I am ROOTING FOR YOU!!!

Comment

Hi all, back from dentist and am a bit concerned. I have to have two teeth out in 2 weeks time, one is an impacted wisdom tooth and I am getting sedated for the procedure. Now, my concern is that Im going to be starting the antabuse in a day or two.. so should i hold off taking the antabuse until AFTER the dental treatment or will the antabuse not affect it?
                    I suppose the interactions would be with either the novocaine(is that the right word for the thing they use to numb your mouth?) and also any interactions with the intravenaeous sedation.
                    Any thoughts?

Comment

I took antabuse while going thru my dental trauma because I was afraid the stress would set me to drinking.I didn't notice any reaction at all,other than feeling safe because i knew that I couldn't drink.I LOVE ANTABUSE.It is like i feel so relieved that i don't have the option to drink at times when i can't trust myself...it is my BEST FRIEND..

Comment

Love your new AVATAR...PM me on where in the UK you live.We were just in Birmingham over the summer and we love the lake district,in the north..

Comment

evielou;421385 wrote: I took antabuse while going thru my dental trauma because I was afraid the stress would set me to drinking.I didn't notice any reaction at all,other than feeling safe because i knew that I couldn't drink.I LOVE ANTABUSE.It is like i feel so relieved that i don't have the option to drink at times when i can't trust myself...it is my BEST FRIEND..
                          Hi Evie, what about the "mouth rinse" stuff they give you afterwards though? And also, would the intraveneous sedation affect it?

Comment

evielou;421388 wrote: Love your new AVATAR...PM me on where in the UK you live.We were just in Birmingham over the summer and we love the lake district,in the north..
                            My avatar is the badge for Sunderland Association Football Club (Im from Sunderland and a lifelong supporter of our footy team )

Comment

That is why I used salt water..Our drug stores sell no alcohol mouth wash and so do health food stores..The salt water won't let germs multiply and HONEY is an excellent anti bacterial...Nothing bad can grow in honey.My homeopathic doctor has me put it on any open wound and it works great.Honey and lemon mouth wash is an age old remedy...I hope this helps..

Comment

Working...
                              X