Starting over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting over

Well I started my Topa again today. I had been putting it off b/c I was worried about the low blood pressure it causes me. But I got drunk again yesterday, and laid down to rest and sober up b/c I later had to get my kids from school, and I ended up over sleeping. I was very late getting them. The school had called my husband. The whole thing was aweful. As usual he is pissed and I won't talk to him. Ijust don't have answers for him.
    He has an employee assistance program at work that provides counseling for you and your family. I called that and am waiting for someone to call me so I can get counseling. I hope they support this and don't try to get me to go to AA or something. Not that AA isn't great, it just isn't for me.
    I hate feeling this way.:upset:
    TM
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Starting over

You are using your head here...GREAT idea to call for counseling...It will help you and hubby understand that you are not BAD,you are sick with a life threatening disease and you need treatment...you have taken a big step towards RECOVERY by calling for help...I,for one am proud of you and see a much better life coming,for you and your family.Do not dwell on yesterday,it's done.Keep your focus on the future and take small steps in the direction you want to go...Before you know it,things will be better and better.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Starting over

Thanks Evielou. I needed that. I know things can get better, I am feeling rather impatient right now though.
      One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Starting over

The beast al is very powerful and we all could use some help in fighting al off good job on taking steps to get help and do not dwell on what is already done look forward to what can be done without al it takes time be patient (i should heed my own advice) keep posting you are not alone

Comment

Starting over

hi mommy
          is antabuse a possibility? Perhaps you need the option taken away, at least for now?
          Wishing you strength today, tomorrow will be better!
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Starting over

Hi river. I don't know about that. It makes you sick when you drink right? Knowing me I would just stop taking it. The Topa works well for me b/c I just don't want AL.

Comment

Starting over

Twinsmommy, You did the right thing to call the counseling center. It can help keep the communication between you and hub open. I know this is a rough time, but you are making the right decisions. If topa works for you - AWSOME! Feeling better through sobriety is a bright spot on the horizon to set your sights on. Hugs, Best
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
              X