Taking the plunge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the plunge!

Plucked up the courage to SMS a friend I rarely see around but that gave up booze three years back. Got the details for AA here locally. Theres a women only meet 5pm this afternoon. Will give it a try. Nervy...my mind has already played tricks trying to persuade me that I don't need to take this drastic measure, that I'm ok most the time, then I remember the appauling things that have happened recently and know I have to change. Nervy...real nervy.

Other half has been talking and behaving as if all is rosey and the e-mail sent about us spiliting was never sent to me or ever existed. Brought some booze home that was ceremonously handed to me, which I just put in the fridge and ignored. Who's in denial here???????

Anyway... its all about me getting a clear mind and moving on, which I have EVERY INTENTION OF DOING THIS TIME. I actually realize now that I have suceeded all my life in recovering from SCREW UPS instead of actually suceeding in success.

Right now I've got to get over my nerves about going to AA in a couple of hours.... then follow this path thats reaching out to me (sounds very dramatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Taking the plunge. Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Taking the plunge!

Hello Elizabeth,
    Welcome.. nice to meet you! Looking forward to hearing how it all goes..
    Hugs,
    Fickle

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Good luck Elizabeth.
      I really hope you find some help.

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Elizabeth, that is a huge step to take and you should be proud of yourself. Admitting the true extent of your problem to yourself is often the first step to the recovery process, and the second is sometimes realizing that we can't always do it alone.

Good luck at your meeting, and don't listen to your disease trying to talk you out of it. It just wants things to stay the same, but it sounds like you have the upper hand now.
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Good for you Elizabeth! Sounds as if you are keeping a clear head and you have strong resolve. Those two things will help you tremendously. Be sure to stay close around here, as well as going to your AA meetings; you will need many different perspectives and tools to help you get firmly on the right track.

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Good for you Elizabeth. Nothing ventured nothing gained, you have nothing to lose by going to an AA meeting or two. I hope it helps!

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Glad that you have a plan.I finally got sober by setting a plan and then following thru with it...Best luck on your journey..
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Hey,
                I've been to AA, and it was very helpful. I was sober for 5 years with the help of AA. Keep strong, and way to go on your good decision. I hear you on the getting booze when you're trying to stop. Someone almost always gives me something when I'm getting AF. I would just pour it out so it doesn't stalk you.
                MM

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Elizabeth -

Welcome aboard! I, too, joined AA recently (a woman's group) and have founhd it very helpful. Yes, it is awkward at first but as you hear these womens stories, and how close they come to yours, it will get easier. You are not alone.
                  Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Taking the plunge!

Elizabeth,

I hope you have found a good group. I have no women's only groups here but I am very happy with my AA group. It is very comforting to spend a bit of time with others who truly understand what we are going through. I kind of get an "aaahh" moment when I am there. I think it is why they don't let non-alcoholics into the closed meetings.

Best of luck and I hope you find some comfort there.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X