The Debate is on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Debate is on!

Hi luCKY...I know I am over the top with this election, but honest to God I can think of no other reason that in the circumstances of today one would not vote for him. I bet my life that if he was white, like JFK, there would be no doubt in the majority vote.

Of course I know you are not a racist! But of course I also know you will vote for Barry anyway. LOL!!!!

Anyway, I do also get a kick out of shaking things up in this country. hehehehe!
    "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
    will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
    This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
    love and heal this part of self."

Comment

The Debate is on!

I was for Obama before the debate. I'm more firmly convinced now. My two cents

Comment

The Debate is on!

Hi Hart. Excellent choice.

Comment

The Debate is on!

...and what about the Katie Couric interview of Biden? It cracked me up!!

Yes, there was FDR during the depression talking to Americans on TV. :H:H

The look on Katie's face was priceless!!

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The Debate is on!

I will vote my concience ! That's all I can say......IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Debate is on!

SummerAir;425011 wrote: Debate aside ...

If you are aware of the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression and its cause, and
              If you saw the Katie Couric interview with Palin, and
              If you are Not stupid, you will vote for Obama.

If you are Not stupid and you still do Not vote for Obama, then you are a Racist.

Chrysa
              You have got to be freakin kidding me.
              I guess I'll have to vote for Obama so Chrysa will not think I'm stupid or racist.

Comment

The Debate is on!

It is my hope that we think for reasons that are influential .
                :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

The Debate is on!

I met a very nice woman, who just happened to be brown, at the gym last week.
                  We found that we have alot in common. She has a farm and has done a voucher program that I also did to help put fresh veggies on the table for poorer people.
                  I liked her and admired her for not only surviving her husbands death 16 years ago, but also has kept the farm going and has been to congress to speak" on behalf of My people".
                  I guess I looked a little confused so she explained that "My people" are "the black farmers"....
                  Well folks.......I have news......ALL farmers are struggling to stay in business..and said so..
                  As long as we have My people and Your people, the USA will not move forward. We are all Americans.....green , blue, red, brown , cream or tan!
                  Just my thoughts on how the "race card "divides
                  Racist come in all colors....
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

The Debate is on!

I despised Obama before his campaign due to his hyper-leftist and insanely elitist voting record.
                    the fact he's so high in the poles shows how many people on welfare are voting.

and to throw the race card into this? time to grow up people. I'm so sick of the liberal media and whoreywood trying to "guilt" me into voting one way or another.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Debate is on!

I'm not racist or stupid, and like I tell everyone who calls, it's nobody's business who I'm voting for. That's why there's a curtain on the voting booth.
                      MM

Comment

The Debate is on!

Saturday Night Live spoof on the debate:

Laughing All the Way to the Voting Booth?

Now before any one gets all upset about the spoof, both parties are made fun of equally.

Comment

The Debate is on!

OK Determinator, what is your real problem with Obama? Despise is a really strong, very emotional word.

So let's see. Hyper-leftist?. He is running with the same policies that Clinton ran with. Were you better off during the Clinton years?

Insanely elitist?. Let's see, just like Clinton, he worked his way up from the bottom. His mother was left alone by her husband when he was a baby; they had to live with grandparents; she was on food-stamps. She married again. He stayed a lot of years back int he states. Obama was smart & got scholarships to Columbia. But you see , there are no scholarships for law school so guess what , he & Michelle just paid off their loans two years ago. Based on my daughters' loans, they were probabl;y around 150-200K.

Elitist? He will never betray the middle class because he is middle class.

Elitist? McCain did not even know how many homes he had. He has in fact 9 homes & 13 cars. Yes, he is a great guy, was a great & real guy. He is now unfortuantely a true elitist just like the Bushes. Look "elitism" up in the dictionary.

The "polls" & welfare rolls?. Sorry welfare was reformed years ago under Clinton. Those still on welfare that are not working are sick & disabled & will probably not vote. The "polls" are high because people are scared after 8 years of decisions made by the Republicans. And after the election, the votes will be even higher because of all the young people in this country who will be inheriting this mess & are very worried.

I woud never try to guilt you into voting for Obama because of race. But what are the real issues that you have? Why do you feel quilty?

Please just tell me your issue with him?

Comment

The Debate is on!

Chrysa, I will be voting for Obama but to call someone racist and stupid for not voting for him is really over the top.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The Debate is on!

Chrysa,

Economics:
                              1. He thinks taxing the rich and big business will help. I think it will hurt the economy and us middle class ultimately. He considers "rich" those couples making over $250K. In today's society, that is not truly rich. It is a whole lot better off than I am but NOT rich.
                              2. He wants to reinstate the inheritance tax. This is horrible. Heinous. Small business owners whom all they have to leave to their heirs will instead leave nothing but what is left after the business is sold to pay for the taxes. This truly hurts the middle class and not the rich.
                              3. He wants to increase the Capital Gains tax. This will mean that those who want to invest and make money in this country will now be taxed even more. Investors will look to overseas to invest and not here. I am just not sure why we want to punish those who try to make money. Oh, and those who buy homes, refurbish and resell at a profit, they get will get taxed much more on those profits. Capital gains tax hurts more than the rich, it hurts a lot of middle class.
                              3. McCain introduced TWO bills, one in 2002 and one in 2006 to address what has just happened with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Obama voted against them.

btw, Congress has been controlled by the Democrats for the last 4 years. However, it is well known that whatever party holds the Executive office gets tarred by the same brush as the President.

Foreign Affairs:

1. When Russia invaded Georgia, Obama said "Both sides should show restraint." ????
                              2. He is intent on giving a timeline for pulling out of Iraq. Like most Americans, I want our troops out ASAP (I didn't think they should go in to begin with..) but giving a timeline gives insurgents, terrorists and a good time table themselves about what to do when. Not a very good tactical idea and one that would lead to more deaths and casualties for Iraqis and Americans.
                              3. His view that we can approach or accept discussions with leaders regardless of their actions or statements IS naive. I think it shows a lack of experience.

Now, I can come up with a similar list about McCain. Neither candidate it perfect. What I am trying to do over the next few weeks is to figure the pros and cons of both, weight them in the areas I feel are most important and make my decision based on that.

I would ask you don't apply Bush's mess to McCain, anymore than I would liken Obama to Pelosi.

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The Debate is on!

Its sad to see people want to vote for the candidate that is a really good salesman and not the one who is humble and qualified.
                                Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X