The Debate is on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Debate is on!

She is driving me nuts with recycling the same answers. If she calls McCain a Maverick one more time I am going to scream.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The Debate is on!

regardless of your political stance you have to see this regarding the bail-out :

[ame= ]YouTube - Former CEO Explains TRUE REASON Behind BAILOUT **MUST SEE**[/ame]
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Debate is on!

Good debate. I thought they were both respectful. I thought Biden was great.

Comment

The Debate is on!

I think Biden looked in love with her. He definately used his teeth whitener.

Comment

The Debate is on!

Very good debate. I was totally surprised by Sarah Palin. I had expected this to be a slaughter.

Biden did very well, too.
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The Debate is on!

I do not think this debate swayed people who were already determined to vote for one or the other. I thought this was FAR better than the debate last week, however. This election is going to be a close one.

Comment

The Debate is on!

I'm in love with Pahlin......
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Debate is on!

Palin went on and on about raising taxes, and even claimed the $5000 insurance credit from the McCain health plan was "Revenue Neutral".

Both the Moderator and Biden touched on the fact that the McCain health plan raises taxes enormously on small businesses, but Palin seemed oblivious to what is, for me, my biggest problem.

People need to pay attention. Small business creates 75% of the jobs in this country. The McCain health plan, which would raise my business taxes because I'm a business owner who COVERS my employees. It's $43,000 additional taxes per year for me, about double what I currently pay.

Do you know what happens when you double small business taxes? Obviously I'll cut $43,000 of employees if the plan went to effect. Like most businesses mine is marginal. I keep everything at a "point-of-pain" to insure our expenses don't exceed what our customers are paying us.

This is not "revenue neutral" as Palin claims. The McCain insurance plan is the biggest tax increase ever put on small employers, who create most of the jobs in America. As she correctly stated, the middle class should not have their taxes increased. Apparently she was unaware of the increases built into the McCain health plan.

Lest I sound partisan, please remember, health insurance is the biggest issue facing US employers today. This is something for Obama, and McCain and our State to solve.

For me, Health insurance for employees runs 10% of my gross income and 12% of my gross expenses. It runs twice as much as my rent. It's six times my phone bill. It is three times my taxes. It goes up 15-20% per year, a rate so rapid it will double in just five years. A starting level employee in my company will earn about $25,000 in their first year, I'll pay about $2500 in employer-half taxes, and a $12,000 to insure that employee. So their cost to me is $39,500 even though their take home pay after taxes is probably under $20,000. I hope this helps people understand that the health care issue is not critical just for medical benefits. Real Americans are losing out on jobs, and will continue to lose jobs, because employers can't afford these exorbitant health insurance rates, and that's a jobs/economy issue.

Comment

The Debate is on!

No, it wasn't a slaughter and she did better than I thought, but she avoided a couple of direct questions, and though she crammed for this debate, she was still shallow. Stumping for the middle class when McSame has 7-10 homes and 13 cars - he is the elite.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The Debate is on!

I don't care what she stands for.......I want her to have my children Ha! IAD.
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Debate is on!

did anyone see this youtube video a few posts up? this is really cataclysmic stuff. it's beyond freaky.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Debate is on!

hi everyone
                          I have missed you all so much. I don't have internet connection yet, I just moved to a new house. I am in a library catching up here. Next time, Det, I will bring ear things so I can listen to the video.
                          Is America just going down hill? I get kinda worried, not really about politics - I think Bush adm. was the biggest disaster in a long long time, really. I just wonder if things are going to get very very bad. Economically.
                          Anyways, I really have missed this site. My TV is packed away - I didn't watch the debates, just catch up with everything here.
                          Love
                          Lila

Comment

The Debate is on!

Det, can you explain more about the video and its source? I watched most of it.
                            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

The Debate is on!

Det I would love a synopsis of what he was saying because I could not tolerate listening to him. He was beyond annoying. Something about how this bailout package is really bailing out foreign investors and not helping us at all?

Comment

The Debate is on!

Now that the VP Debate is over.........Who was the Masterbater!!! Ha! Sorry with my spelling ! ha! IAD.
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X