The Debate is on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Debate is on!

This time I am voting for one of them, Det. Last election I wrote in "None of the above."

I refuse to do that again, since it is just a throw away.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The Debate is on!

Well, it certainly has been REAL (as one would expect on MWO). And I learned some things. And a blast for my first day back!. Gotta go to bed. Goodnight all.
      "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
      will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
      This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
      love and heal this part of self."

Comment

The Debate is on!

since that was supposedly passed only by voice vote I'm wondering who leaked the bills sponsors?

Cindi, I respect your wish to not throw your vote away. I'm hoping that if enough Americans can see through this charade that perhaps we can start a peaceful revolution. sadly it seems we just shift from dep to rep and back again going down the toilet. My plan will only work if there are enough and perhaps things are still not bad enough. sadly it's only a matter of time.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Debate is on!

Gyco, be careful what you wish for!

The Canadian Governments last budget projected a surplus of 2.3 billion for the present fiscal year. However, due to the generous gifties handed out by our present Conservatives it is more than likely that we will be running the first budgetary deficit in 10 years.
          *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

The Debate is on!

The peaceful revolution is happening.

People will vote for the Harvard Educated Lawyer for President, over the guy who graduated 4th last in class in College, and never entered any sort of graduate school. All this without regard to race, color, creed or income.

It's an amazing system, isn't it.

Comment

The Debate is on!

My question on this Global Poverty Act is: What are other countries other than the United States contributing? I sure don't mind contributing to the reduction of global poverty, but what about China, Japan, Russia, the EU, etc?

Oh, and I am not a proponent of a two-party system either. Too much room for black/white thinking.

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

The Debate is on!

Good one YAH...LOL
                "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
                will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
                This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
                love and heal this part of self."

Comment

The Debate is on!

YAH, just look at whos been stuck footing the bill for the UN. as usual it's you and I.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Debate is on!

so if we realize that a two party system is "business as usual" (which it obviously is). then what do we do?

even though many will consider it a thrown vote I'm putting my precious little vote in the Libertarian party.

ever wonder why BOTH dem and rep have been so desperate to keep the Lib party out of the game?
                    food for thought....
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Debate is on!

Ah, that's what I feared. I was foolish for asking.

Comment

The Debate is on!

Oh, Please we are are supposed to vote for a 72 year old man with a history of melanoma and his running mate thinks foreign policy is about we can see this from there. Please check on the Katie Couric interviews.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

The Debate is on!

Det, I could not disagree with you more on who is footing the bill for the UN. What I really object to are off the cuff, unsubstantiated remarks that one should not even be making in the line up at a Pizza place.

Here goes FYI:
                          Although the US does contribute a large share of the UN budget, one should consider this information in the context of World GDP (the total wealth produced on Earth). When GDP is measured by purchasing power parity (a method of calculation that looks at how much goods and services cost in different countries as opposed to exchange rates), the US takes in 20.9 percent of global GDP. If one divides the percent of US contribution to the UN budget by America's share of world wealth, the ratio is almost one-to-one. Other wealthy states contribute significantly more given their share of global wealth. For example, using the same formula as above: Japan: 2.9; Germany: 2.1; France: 1.8; UK: 2.2; Canada: 1.6; and Italy: 1.7. There are, however, nations that contribute much less, such as Russia: 0.4, and China: 0.2.
                          In addition, the US has a record of late payments to the UN, turning in its assessed contributions almost a full year late, and thus leaving the UN and its agencies in capricious financial states for several months. In fact, it has been US practice since the early 1980s to pay late based on a one-time budgetary dilemma. As it stands today, the UN issues its regular budget assessments at the beginning of each calendar year and expects payment within one month, but Congress does not appropriate funds for the UN until late in the calendar year. However, the US is hardly alone in its late payments-only 40 member states out of 191 paid on time in 2006. In fact, since each state comes up with its own excuse for meeting assessment deadlines, late payment is considered standard practice by many nations.
                          Table 1: Contributions to the UN Regular Budget from the Permanent Members of the Security Council as of June 2006
                          Nation
                          Assessed Percentage
                          Amount in US Dollars

China
                          $35,036,460
                          France
                          $102,907,868
                          Russia
                          $18,772,580
                          United Kingdom
                          $104,563,268
                          United States
                          $423,464,855

Table 2: Other Notable Contributions to the UN Regular Budget as of June 2006
                          Nation or Grouping
                          Assessed Percentage
                          Amount in US Dollars

United States
                          $423,464,855
                          Japan
                          $374,727,900
                          Germany
                          $147,825,532
                          United Kingdom
                          $104,563,268
                          France
                          $102,907,868
                          Italy
                          $83,367,319
                          Canada
                          $48,006,605="color: #333333;">
                          Spain
                          $43,006,274
                          China
                          $35,036,460
                          Mexico
                          $32,135,243
                          The G-77
                          $185,554,600
                          The Lowest 128 Contributors
                          $18,593,956

I remember a time when Kofi Annan had to beg, borrow and steal and shame the US in paying up their membership fees. Presently the US is @ 800 Million Dollars in arrears.

The above information was excerpted from the United Nations budgetary pages online, for all to see.
                          *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

The Debate is on!

Fannie and Freddie

[ame= ]YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis[/ame]
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

The Debate is on!

Oh my, now I'm all in a dither. This is why I hate politics. There's too freaking much information too absorb. Sometimes I just want to throw up my hands.

I know a lot about lots of things, but this stuff makes me nuts.

Comment

The Debate is on!

Totally with you there YAH. I don't know how the politicians keep up with all of the details.

Oh wait, they don't. That's why we are in the crisis we are in.

"I can see Russia from my house and Putin flies in my air space! That makes me qualified." She is dumber than Dan Quayle.
                                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                                X