On The ROAD,Alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On The ROAD,Alone...

I am going out of town tomorrow to teach a class and this will be my first time out on the road, alone, and having to face the real world...I have tried to think of any situations that would make me uncomfortable.I am sure that I will be asked out to dinner and I have handled several public dinners OK...No temptations.I think that I will suggest a Chinese restaurant where tea will be the normal drink.Anyone have any other ideas on things that I should be careful of???
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

On The ROAD,Alone...

Thanks for the vote of confidence...I have always had my watch dog by my side to give me the strength to say no.I think that I am ready.I can go to the market now and walk down the wine aisle with out going insane, and 2months ago i needed to be watched like a naughty child...It's a 3hr. drive so i have to leave early.I hope someone will start this thread, tomorrow.

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

EvieLou I'm sure you'll be fine, you'll actually be GREAT. Just keep your eyes on the prize. When you notice you are thinking about alcohol, or looking at the bottles of wine in stores... just place your focus somewhere else. Look at the sky and smell the smells in the air and feel the texture of whatever is near your hands, and take a good deep breath and say: "I don't drink."

wip

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

just gho and have fun teaching and go with the undrstanding that you are not there to party ..but to enjoy what you do best is teach.. good luck you can do this .. have fun enjoy and live life sober
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

Thanks WIP, my mantra will be I DON'T DRINK....I will remember your words and repeat them over and over.

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

Evie,

I have total confidence in you! You will be successful at remaining AF. You have no reason to stress. You are an awesome teacher / communicator. You are our EVIELOU! Go get em! Love, Sherry
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

WIP,
              That is a great idea for Evie and all of us. I DONT DRINK as a mantra. Your suggestions completely removes the "white knuckling" of getting thru a craving and turns it into a positive experience...I like it!!! Thanks again, "wise one".
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

dear Kriger,Hubby just told me that he loves this Mantra.He is gonna go put a sticker, saying that on my dashboard and overnight bag...He must LACK confidence in me.????..It will remind me that he is never far away...I am starting to feel excited instead of frightened ...THANKS everyone..

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

Thanks One2,i had thought a flowing goddess gown would be the right thing to wear with maybe hoop earrings,comfortable to drive in and good for dinner afterwards...BUT i think that I may rethink that,I could be more entertaining in my Army Fatigues (camouflaged jewelry tooo).

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

You will be fine im sure Evie. You have such strengh, and you know deep down what your going to do, and im sure its the right thing. Take care.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

Thanks One2 and CY,I'm not worried at all about teaching...it's like riding a bike...After you have done it several times it just comes natural.i am sure, that after I have been out in the real world a few times on my own,then I will know that I can handle it.I just have a nervous feeling in the pit of my Gut that won't go away and that has often been a sign for me to watch for something, unexpected...I will carry all of you, my friends with me, in my heart and keep saying my Mantra and then I can handle anything..

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

I AM GOING WITH EYES WIDE OPEN SO I CAN SEE WHAT MIGHT BE COMING...THANKS FOR CARING....YOUR TOPS, IN MY BOOK..

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

Best Wishes on your journey Evie
                          I know that you will be fine. You are a strong and deeply spiritual woman. Stay in touch with your Higher Power, and always remember that you've got the Army behind you.

"Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

THANKS SEA,I am gonna go on E Bay and see if they have that bumper sticker...It would look cute next to my (CAUTION.. I Break for Fairies, Elves and other things that you can't see)..

Comment

On The ROAD,Alone...

your husband cares, stay in touch with him. Call him or text message often, if calling is not possible, his voice and his messages will tell you someone home is waiting for your safe return. Teachers are Saints. Be careful on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X