First time here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time here

This is my first time posting anything or publicly asking for advice. I am afraid. Many times I have said I'll never drink again and I always do. I have embarrased my family and I am so ashamed because I love them so much. I drink too much, call people on the phone, sometimes later in the night and don't remember all of the conversation. I've driven while drinking even with my children in the car. I feel like a complete failure and just wish I could disappear. Why can't I stop drinking and mean it?
    Hope :h

First time here

You are just like all of us...WE DON'T WANT TO TAKE A DRINK, THE DRINK TAKES US .It is a disease that you can recover from...It takes allot of work but it is POSSIBLE, I promise that it is...This site is filled with people that have a common goal, to get alcohol out of their lives.stay close and we can beat the beast, together..
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

First time here

Hi Looking for help,
      Welcome, we have all been in your spot before. This is a great place to come and feel sate. I would get the My Way Out book to read for starters. There is some great support on this site and together we will all great throught this. Keep posting!
      HW

Comment

First time here

Hello and :welcome: LFH
        You are not alone. Just read the "You know you're an alcoholic...." thread. You will read of many of our horrible escapades while drunk. You have come to a Great place. There is a way out!!! I also suggest getting the book and putting together a plan for yourself. We will be here for you.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

First time here

Welcome, FT! In order to "stop drinking and mean it," you (like all of us) will need some help, along with strong commitment, determination, and a good plan. If you want to learn more about the MWO program, get the book and also do a lot of reading here on site, ask questions, and you will find a lot of help, support, and friendship.

wip

Comment

First time here

Yup, listen to WIP

There are a lot of amazing people here that will help you. :welcome:
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

First time here

Hi looking........nice to have you on board.

I went into chat, but you don`t seem to be around. If you`d like to chat.........just holler. :H

Darling x
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

First time here

looking for help, I am the family and the wife who has been embarrassed many times. My husband is getting better since he read the book and is following the program. Tell your family you are doing it. You love them, reach out to them and to everyone here. There is a large group of incredibly supportive people with wonderful advice.

Comment

First time here

looking for help,

Welcome. I echo all the suggestions offered above. It is a great thing to quit abusing alcohol, I only wish I had quit drinking when my children were young. If yours are still under your wing you are so fortunate to be able to make this positive change now. Read alot, post alot. This is a place where you will get fantastic advice and support, but never be judged. Again, welcome!
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

First time here

Hi there Looking. You have come to the right place. I think we all felt like you at first. Read the book get some supplements and soak up support from all of us here. We do understand your struggle and can really help. I would not have been able to stop drinking without the help from here.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

First time here

I've done everything you stated too. I came here out of fear I would really mess up and get caught. I want to nip it in the bud before it's out of my hands. Keep posting and get a plan together.
                      MM

Comment

First time here

Looking for Help.......We were all drowning ! It's time to pick yourself up. You can't do anything about your past, except ask for forgivenes. If it does'nt come , March on. You have to look forward.......take care, much care here. IAD.
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

First time here

Thank you all for your advice. I do have the book and tried to Topomax plan without much success. I will not give up this time and will visit here regularly. Any ideas or advice that anyone has will be greatly appreciated. I don't understand how I can totally be committed to not drinking and a voice inside my head will tell me to just go to the store and buy a four pack of wine...you can just drink two and save the rest for later. I can NEVER drink just two. I always drink all four and sometimes even go back for more. You wonder what's wrong with you and why some people can stop when they've had enough and you can't. It's not that I don't want to...I really can't. I pray that I won't drink again, and go for four or five days and do it again.
                          Hope :h

Comment

First time here

I think we all feel like that looking. Our minds kid ourselves into thinking we can control our intake when we cant. Once I just accepted that it got a little easier.
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

First time here

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X