Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace Corps......Saturday 27 Sept

Morning all to come

Thought I'd start the thread and see who has the chance to be about today. So many busy bees!

I'm hoping for another AF day but I don't know if I'll manage it. I find the weekends so difficult.

I saw my new boyfriend again last night so I'm in a good mood which should help keep me on the straight and narrow. Just got to keep myself busy today. My house sure could do with cleaning so maybe I'll tackle that.

have a good day everyone

Morning forever. Be positive. You can do it if you really want to. Think how good you'll feel tmr. I never thought id stop drinking before i found this site. I was on 3 bottles of wine a day, and very quickly killing myself. All the tablets and pills are a great help, but really wanting to stop, rather than knowing it has been the main change in my quitting this time. Come on forever, you can do it!
    Have a great day corps
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Wise words from KP there ~Forever. Listen to him. Weekends can be tough, but I love them now. And it sounds like you have much to stay sober for. Get the housework done and keep feeling great!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Wow. thanks for your kind words. It really does help to have people out there that understand and do not judge.

I will really try.

Cym, I can relate to your old wine intake. Mine is/was nearly as bad. Like you say, it kills us. I must remember that

Comment

.....and before it kills us it puts us through hell
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Forever,
            Saturdays are always difficult for me, being the weekend and all, so I can understand fully where you're coming from. Stay strong girl!
            Cym - I was on 3 bottles of wine a day too. I think the last year has been a blur for me. My partner said the other night that its been more of a case of that Ive been 'away' and he's had the 'odd visit' from me..
            ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Hi Forever,
              We are here cheering you on! Staying busy is important, but also give yourself the gift of time to relax. That's when I used to drink, when I was tired and didn't feel like doing anything else. Do you have a substitute AF beverage on hand? If not, go buy some now. When you are done cleaning, pour some into a wine glass to reward yourself. I enjoy flavored fizzy water. Many here prefer lemon, but I keep a variety on hand. It often comes in lovely colored bottles (blue or green I find in my store) which replicate the wine experience even more closely. Costs just $1 per bottle - a great bargain compared to wine!
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey Forever

I'm with you. Another AF Saturday. Weekends can be tough, but I find that if I stay busy also and check in to MWO every once and a while, I can be fine. I'm ashamed to say that since becoming AF, I've become a diet soda junkie and iced coffee (at least it's decaf!!) Just keep something nice around that you like to drink - AF of course.

Have a great weekend!!
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                X