Survived Friday night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survived Friday night!

The womens meet consisted of one person BUT HEY its was a step in the right direction actually pitching and meeting someone with the same issues. Went to the club afterwards and onto my friends pup, out til 1 drinking sodas. Was ok. One friend kept saying I was boring and tried to shove booze my way, my close friend who owns the pub was so warm and supportive and kept telling me how proud she was of me, it made me quite emotional inside in a happy way. Reading the scriptures and opening my eyes to lots of new concepts. Only day 3 sober and I know I've yet to hit a hard day, and I tend to be on a high or very low BUT I'm going to keep writing here and believe God.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Survived Friday night!

Welldone Elizabeth. So good to hear you sounding positive. 3 days sober is a REAL achievement, and dont you forget it. Have a great day.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Elizabeth, that's great that you went to a meeting. As for the pub thing, it might not be the best place to frequent when you're trying to get sober. And remember that those people that tell you you are boring and to have a drink, are NOT being good friends. If they admitted you had a problem, that would mean they have a problem too. So instead, they'd rather throw a drink in your face. Stay strong!! Being sober is not being boring. Being sober is about dealing with reality.
      When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Hi Elizabeth, Ever thought that these people who are drinking and trying to ply you with drinks are actually jealous?
        Social drinkers or controlled drinkers or not, we're all on the same slippery path pouring poison down our throats... they just havent got to our stage yet where we DO something about it.
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Hi Elizabeth
          Day 3 and Well Done to you!
          It must have been really hard going to the pub as well!
          Those people that try and shove drink onto you get really
          boring after awhile. I'm sure that in time it will get easier
          for you, the early days are so rocky but great that you got
          to the meeting even if only one other person was there.
          Keep close to your faith Elizabeth it will help you.:lPan

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Hooray for you, Elizabeth. You are strong. Soon this AF job will become easy for you, with your strength given from above. You are learning to recognize your REAL friends.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Well done Elizabeth! Wonderful!
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Elizabeth - you know I love you so much. Day 3 is fabulous. I know what a strong woman you are. Remember I am always here for you. I'm sorry your "friends" were trying to pour alcohol down your throat. With time, either they will learn to respect your choice and stop that behavior, or you will learn that they don't care enough about you to respect your choice to save your life. Only time will tell what type of friends they are. You must stay true to yourself.

:l
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Well done Elizabeth!!
                  It is wonderful to see you becoming so positive. You can do this ODAT. As for the people trying to give you alcohol, all I can say is Misery Loves Company. Your "true" friends would not do that to you. Go with God and you will be safe. Also, come here to see us. We care.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Elizabeth!:l:l

Good job...but.... please be careful in where you spend your time...
                    My hubby makes wine and I know not to spend time where it is stored or be around when it is "tasting" time.

:hNancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Survived Friday night!

well done believeing in god ..and in yourself stay strong and think positive
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Keep the Faith!
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Survived Friday night!

Hi Elizabeth. How are you doing today?
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                          X