Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reasons for keeping AF.

Hey all,
    I'm on day 3 AF, and doing good. I'm about to get tested later today, so I want to remind myself why....
    1. Don't like feeling guilty the next morning.
    2. Want to set a better example for my kids.
    3. Tired of hubby saying I spend all his money on beer.
    4. Can't lose the last 10lbs when I drink 1500 calories in beer.
    5. Tired of my skin color being a grayish tint..(who has gray skin except for zombies?)
    6. Tired of asking hubby to drive me somewhere cause I've had 3 beers and don't want a Dui.
    there's more, but I feel better now. Thanks all.
    MM

I seem to be the only person who is putting ON weight since i stopped drinking!!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I'd be okay with that. I'm assuming you like to cook from your pics. A food dish, and a happy face fryin up somethin' yummy.
      MM

Comment

Probably you can better taste that wonderful food think you make.

I think I have gained 5#, even though I don't honestly feel I am eating too much. I started keeping a food diary last week. The diary is a good weight loss tool, think. And if do decide to ask my doctor about my thyroid or some other metabolism disorder, I will have some data. I'm also getting a lot of exercise: swimming 2x weekly, 45 min bike ride most days, also gardening. The daffodil bulbs have arrived!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

all good reasons ..great job on 3 days keep on going .. stay strong and think positive
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I admire people who excersize. I love tennis, and can do sports. But the thought of arobics makes me faint..LOL..Love the swimming idea.
            MM

Comment

Much clearer look at the world around us.
              I am able to help my family.
              Time moves on faster and things get done.
              I spend less time laying around.
              Not spending money.

Comment

I'm slightly concerned about gray skin...is your circulation okay? Just worrying...
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

I want to feel pride instead of shame. I don't want my kids to grow up believing alcoholism makes for a "normal" life. I want to be high on life instead of alcohol becuase it's free, healthy, and hopefully full of happiness. I want my husband to love me for the rest of my life. I want hobbies and goals which seem impossible when I'm only focused on drinking. I want to feel peace when I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night. I don't want to add stress to my life I want to reduce it. I want to be a good and dependable wife and mother. I want to feel plain, pure happiness without feeling like I need to pour alcohol all over it an ruin it completely. I want to be real.

Comment

river0123;424434 wrote: I'm slightly concerned about gray skin...is your circulation okay? Just worrying...
                    me? i am having face work done soon. Dimples are being dugg out. :H

Comment

My skin isn't gray, it's a pale shade. Just the 3 days I've been AF, it's pinked up. I had a full health work up 2 months ago, so I'm pretty healthy. Thanks for your concern.
                      MM

Comment

Nice MM. Here's my list from my first days AF in August.

Mood changes
                        Anger – uncontrolled anger
                        Being tired all the time
                        Headaches
                        It takes twice as much “down time” for every up time.
                        No energy
                        Panic attacks
                        Emotionally fragile, crying over tv dogs.
                        Unable to think clearly
                        Need too much sleep; up to 14 hours a night.
                        Awake 3-4 times a night for toilet
                        Serotonin pleasure chemicals out of whack
                        Life on hold
                        No future, no interest in projects, no meaning to life.
                        No libido
                        No sex
                        Constantly popping pain killers to try to get rid of headaches
                        Sinus congestion
                        Night time post-nasal drip.
                        Morning nausea caused by night time drip

Comment

Wow Bossman!!!
                          I've been really impatient and irritated. And I have an upper back-ache that's driving me crazy. Besides that, I'm good. I'm hoping most of those things have passed for you. Have they?
                          MM

Comment

noma'am - What a beautiful post. Yes, I hear every word you are saying.
                            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

No MM.

Life was easy when I drank. I just drank. Now that I'm "not drinking" which means I sometimes drink and I sometimes don't, I'm at war with myself.

I think I could deal with it ok, except that we are in a political cycle with the election, and also economically as a business owner, I have my employees and livelihood all at stake in this economy My personal bank failed on Thursday, no money lost, but shocking to lose a local bank I've used for 30 years.

Running a business in this economy is like trying to meditate while walking through a haunted house.

Comment

Working...
                              X