Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army Sept 28

Hi Starting

I can say alcohol made me feel a lot worse then it made me feel good - I had last night off work and happily went to the pub with mates to watch the rugby league and I did not want a drink. When I called in on my mates in the morning for coffee I sat there as pleased a punch while they floundered around on couches with a great big hangover. I had already been to the track with the dogs before they even surfaced out of bed.
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

Zeppie2;425107 wrote: Hi Starting

I can say alcohol made me feel a lot worse then it made me feel good - I had last night off work and happily went to the pub with mates to watch the rugby league and I did not want a drink. When I called in on my mates in the morning for coffee I sat there as pleased a punch while they floundered around on couches with a great big hangover. I had already been to the track with the dogs before they even surfaced out of bed.
      And isnt that the best sort of feeling in the world?? That is what i love, just feeling properly good, you are doing so very well Zepps.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

I am struggling with this- I wont drink today as the last one is too vivid in my mind still, but I don't seem to make it past 6 or 7 days at the moment.

I was wondering about Naltrexone- it just takes away the good feelings alcohol can produce but then I guess you might as well just have an AF beer for the same effect?

morning Cy!! And congrats again!

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

Mornings are the best! I love waking up with a clear head, both through not drinking or taking drugs, and thinking about the day ahead. I love mornings!
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

Love the avatar marbs. Looks like a dog impersonating the 'joker' from batman!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

Thanks starting - I have FINALLY realised how much al was preventing me from doing all the things I enjoy. Only took me about 6 years to cotton on though - lol

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

Righto - off to bed team

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Hi to One when she gets up. I read through your posts yesterday and I am thinking of you. I hope everything becomes clear for you hon.

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

I am off too, quite a bit to do today, but will be back this evening.

I hope O2m feels better today- I have been in her shoes but fortunately without the kids- very difficult as my ex hadn't actually 'done' anything- I just didn't love him anymore.

I guess the first stepis actually admitting that (a bit like alcohol really) I told my mum I had to leave- she was horrified but agreed if I had no feelings for him I would have to go. It took me 2 years after that to leave, and another 2 years before I could drop my guilt over it, so it was not something that got fixed overnight.

If its any consolation O2- these days we are good friends- I never thought that would happen as he did not talk to me for about 18 months after I left- but I insisted on walking the dogs I had left there everyday (I took some and left some) but after 18 months he started talking a bit, and now calls me everyday just for a friendly chat

Well hope you come on soon O2m, and if nothing else that the flu is better today.

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

i should say good night to you all you all gott me confused is it morning or nt where you l are hahha glad to see all is well bella dont be so hard on yourself remember the good days b4 the fall pik yourself up and start over again dont punish yourself,i did the same as you for years ,not no more, sometimes being totally stopped can be worse then numbed out,the world will not change for us,we have to change for ourselves,someone has a beutiful familt ALL have a great sleep or day gyco

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

How are you today Cy? Are you feeling better?

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

O2, you def need to see somebody, cause i dont think this is ordinary flu. If its still getting worse, there is something not right. Drink lots of water to keep hydrated.
                        Feeling good that ive reached 30 days, and O2's poem brought a real smile to my face. had a crappy couple of days, but im DEALING with it rather than putting it to one side and drinking to forget. Had some real tests this weekend, and had a bit of bad attitude from Erins mum tdy, which i havent had for a long time, and is completley unnecessary, but i take it in my stride, deal with it and move on. She can be the moody unhappy one, not me!!
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

cymru;425158 wrote: had a crappy couple of days, but im DEALING with it rather than putting it to one side and drinking to forget.
                          That's the way! Drinking things away never makes things better, it usually makes things worse.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

Right, off to wash my car(s).
                            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

Washing cars is so satisfying! Lovely when they are gleaming on a sunny day and you can go for a cruise!!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army Sept 28

cymru;425105 wrote:
                                P.S. What is all that crap going on with the renegade thread and dolph having a go at WIP? Not a nice way to start my day reading that!
                                Damn good question, Cy! I think she had me confused with someone else. No other explanation I can think of.

Congrats again, I am SOO happy for you!!!

Vlads, you are ALMOST there, and you sound so positive and happy, it's just great to hear that!!!

OneTwo I think it's time for the Emergency Room or whatever is the Irish equivalent! This is NOT OK!!! You are really, really sick and with your weight being so low, it could be very dangerous. You MUST take care of yourself! Your children depend on you, and so do we!!!

I'm at the airport waiting on my flight to Orlando. Got a cheapo last-minute upgrade to First Class, so I won't be crammed in a middle seat in the back. Don't think I would have felt safe doing that except that it's so early in the morning, I'll have no temptation to drink.

This is going to be such a strange trip. I have my camera, of course, and will post photos, when I can get online. Last time I was down there, there was a good bookstore and coffee shop with wireless, near the hotel that is near my mother's property.

Everyone have a great Sunday! Or Monday (is it Monday Zeps?)

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X