Can anyone suggest something to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on day one of my journey and am finding things really difficult at the moment:new:
    :new:

Hello Lastchance and :welcome: Glad you found us. The beginning can be tough, but good for you for beginning. What is difficult for you today? Tell us a little about yourself and what's going on so we can help. Greenie
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hiya, yep the beginning can be scary but there are tools to help. Have you had a look at the book yet? As greenie says, tell us what is bothering you and let us help
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Greenie

I've posted a few things in the just starting forum. Still not quite sure how this site works to be honest. My problem is wine and things have got out of control and on the verge of losing hubby. All started when we found out we couldn't have a baby. We tried for years. I really want to stop the wine taking over my life. It feels like its calling me as soon as I get in from work.

Comment

Hey chance.
          First question is a serious one, and im sorry if i sound blunt. Do you know you need to quit or do you really want to quit. There is a huge difference. I have tried quitting because i knew what alc was doing to me, but i didnt really WANT it, so when the cravings came on i would cave in very easily. I really want it now, and even though the cravings are still very strong at times(even with campral) i dont want to go back to that dark place i was.
          This site can be a real help if you really want it chance. There are people who will talk to you and give you the confidence to fulfill your goals. Read posts and post. There are lots of different threads you can post on and you will be made to feel welcome on all.
          As your name says, it maybe lastchance? You can do it!
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Wine was also my vice chance. Up to 3 bottles a night. Its so easy to drink. No bubbles and you can just drink drink drink. But its a quick killer of alot of things if you let it
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hubby is working late tonight and there is a bottle of wine in the fridge. I am trying my best to resist it!!
              MUST STAY STRONG

Comment

Lastchance, first off a big welcome to you! this site has the tools for you I promise. and some really helpful folks to boot.

tell us a bit more about where you're at. you say this is day one. so are you having trouble with physical addictive cravings? shakes etc?
                what specifically is hard for you at the moment?
                we'll help you get on your feet, stay with us.

nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Throw it out if you really want to stop. You can not have wine in the house at this early stage. I must be blunt with you chance. Throw it out now and then there is no temptation there.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

ditto what CMRU said. or give it to the neighbor. when I began this journey I found it very helpful not to have wine in the house (also my poison of choice)
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I really want to stop. I have to for my hubbys sake. We have not had an easy time of it and i turned to drink to blot it all out. So easy to do although the next day things keep coming back and then the wine calls again. It has been an evil cycle for so many years. Tonight is my first alcohol free night for such a long time. Feels strange and very tempted by the wine in the frigde. Will pour it away.

Comment

You do that chance. You will feel so much better in the morning. And remember, you are doing this for YOUR sake as well as your husbands. You have to start liking yourselg again and make your own choices in life, whatever they may be.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

The problem i have is that i long for a child and i feel that my hubby sometimes balmes me for that. I drink to forget about it. We have talked about IVF but we just can't afford it. He has treaten to leave me so he can find a women to have children with. He loves children and says that he would give anything to have one. We dont really speak to be honest. We used to be so itune with eachother but that has gone since finding out i can't carry

Comment

Oh and that bottle of wine in the fridge is now down the plug hole.

Comment

Well done LC, that was a brave thing to do.
                              Once you stop drinking I am sure you will be able to begin to sort your relationship out
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X