Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army September 29 08

Good morning troops,
    Hope everyone is well. Quite an unhappy ending to our night last night, and we should all say a prayer for our newbie lasty today who broke her ankle last night.
    Im up early to see about what has happened to bradford and bingley. I have savings with them, and was very worried about what has happened with them over the weekend. They have been nationalised this morning and im breathing a little easier, but boy, are we in serious economic pooh or what!!
    Hope everyone has or has had a great day!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

AF Army September 29 08

Morning troops! Wow, day 29 - I'm nearly there. It's gone really quick! Glad you're feeling better O2M, our prayers must have worked then! Feeling for Lasty with her broken ankle!

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

cymru;425981 wrote: Im up early to see about what has happened to bradford and bingley. I have savings with them, and was very worried about what has happened with them over the weekend. They have been nationalised this morning and im breathing a little easier, but boy, are we in serious economic pooh or what!!
      I think the government are a little more on the ball this time after what happened with Northern Rock.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

Did I get my welsh congratulations right yesterday?

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

Vlad, it was. Thanks. Ill get a nice welsh saying ready for tmr! Must be feeling great tdy. Like crimbo eve!!!
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

Morning Troops-

Vladders its exciting you are soooo near...Bloody well done.

It is very worrying what's happening with the economy- I have spent the last of my money on the shop so now worries there and I guess a grocery shop is quite recession proof as long as there are passing customers- after all we do still have to eat don't we.

I am leaving very soon to get an appointment at a Drs- think if I go rather than calling they might have a spare slot, so will get it done with before I lose my resolve- I have been reading up on naltrexone all weekend and think it sounds more suitable for me than the sporadical antabuse which I no longer have, so please keep fingers crossed for me. If they say NO, I will literally hit the roof after finally getting myself there and 'confessing'.

O2M hope you make that appointment too- I know you say you feel a bit better today, but they can give you something to buck up your appetite too.

Have a good one everybody-
            Mxx

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

well im totally fed up with myself . Drank alot of wine at the birthday party yesterday and continued on when I got home , feeling crap today . Every weekend I ruin , because of drink . Im just not getting it , IM JUST NOT GETTING IT! I do a few days and then bam! I need to realise just because I can keep it together during the week does not mean that I dont have a problem with alcohol....I really need to cop on to that very simple fact and face it head on . Anyways , sorry for moaning , hope last chance is ok , how bizzare was all of that?

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

Sorry to hear that Limers. Have you thought about going to the docs and getting some help? Im getting some lglut today, cause i so nearly slipped yest. The campral helps, but last night was a mare. Its down to you in the end lim. We can be there for you, and always will be, but you are the only one who can make that choice. What did you think as you accepted that first drink? Do you think alot of it boils down to our other addiction? The worries there?
                Theres nothing you can do about yest Lim, but that was last week, and today is monday, the start of a new week.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

Morning Limers

She has posted that she is OK and home now with a broken ankle

I know just how you feel about the slipping- I too do it once a week it seems, but mine are usually midweek slips- after about a week AF I think I have a grip on it.

I have been reading a lot this week about naltrexone, (see previous post) so I am going to see if I can get some today- I guess we just have to keep trying everything until we find something that works for us.

The thing with naltrexone it seems if even if you do 'slip' you don't get the buzz, and therefore you don't particularly want a second one because the first didn't really do anything- so eventually you don't slip because it isn't effecting you anyway.

Will report later! Hope you feel better today- I always feel so stupid and shite when I fall off yet again.

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

way to go folks,willpower in numbers is better then self motivation ,CONGRATS,the long road to success awaits you all,ONE 2 glad to here your feeling better,bella,be careful what you say to doctors most are not educated in AL addiction or drug addiction they havent a clue what to do,limers dont be so hard on yourselff you remain to come here tht is a step in its slf keep trying,thats all we can do,

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

Thanks Cy. I think i just convince myself that im been silly , I dont have a drink problem , im just been hard on myself ....yada, yada , yada! But its all bull. Going to have to get tough with myself. Im glad you didnt cave , are you still having trouble with your gf? God , relationships can be so mentally draining , I hope it passes for you soon and you two can sort it out,makes your recovery even tougher im sure.

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

Thanks Gyco.

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

be happy were all alive wake with air in our longa and we all have new found freinds hahaha dont even no you folkds other then on here and you have gained my trust ty

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

off to get my M R I next the big step fixing the shoulder oct ya hoooooo

Comment

AF Army September 29 08

then theyll be giving me the whoooooooooopi medicine hahahha

Comment

Working...
                              X