Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doggy Girl??

Has anyone heard from her?

I am missing her and hoping she is okay.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Doggy Girl??

I haven't seen her either, Cindi! Did you try a PM?
    Kriger
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Hi all. Thanks for thinking of me!! I haven't been around much lately, but that's only because I'm working hard at getting on with the business of my AL free life. I'm firmly on the wagon!! I'm not spending nearly as much time on-line as I used to, but that's good.

When I started this journey, just "not drinking" was a major ordeal each day, and success at "not drinking" was to be highly celebrated. It was difficult, and it was a big deal. Somewhere around the 90 day mark or so, "not drinking" didn't feel as satisfying any more. I felt like "there must be more to life than this!" The SMART program encourages people to explore what they call Vital Absorbing Creative Interests (VACI - they love their acronyms!). I believe that part of the program is meant for exactly this time period - when you reach a point where "just not drinking" is no longer highly gratifying. I think the theory is that we must move on to other things that ARE interesting and rewarding otherwise the risk is higher that we go back to drinking. I believe that might be true for me anyway!

I'm continuing with my interest in cooking - and of course for me it's low carb. I never did learn how to use the grill in my life, so I'm having fun with that. I grilled my first steaks last night!! I thought Mr. Doggy would drive me insane worrying that I was going to scortch them black. I have no idea why he would think that after my blackened brats! I've also been doing a little low carb baking - subbing nut flours for grain flours and experimenting with sweeteners - especially Stevia. I made some very respectable Zucchini bread and pumpkin bread recently, if I do say so myself!

I'm also dusting off my camera and am looking at a new lens possibly. It's one I've used before - a photographer friend let me borrow it last year. I will be taking some candid pictures (not the official show pictures) at an upcoming dog event and it would be nice to have what this lens offers. I am also interested in a wide angle lens but that might have to wait!! I might take a photography class at the Junior College come January. That will be a further "step out of the house" for me!

I'm still working out at Curves daily and that makes a HUGE difference in my lifestyle change. And I have lost over 35 pounds now and have gone from being uncomfortably squished into size 18 clothes to now where lots of size 12's are starting to fit me!! That feels really really good. When I look at pictures of myself from the drinking days and look at my reflection in the mirror now, there is no comparison. There is no comparison to my drinking life and the new life that I am building either. Inside and outside is all changing.

Dad is having an artery bypass surgery in his leg this coming Friday. I'm working on my mind set regarding his issues, my Mom and Dad's life in general and how my Dad's care fits in, etc. And of course there is my overwhelming desire to throttle one of my brothers and I'm really working on that one. He will be in town for his annual papal visit later this week, so I better be prepared!

Assuming the surgery goes well and Dad is recovering fine, we will be going on two "weekender" camping trips (finally! first trip of the season!). One to see the World Schutzhund Championships (WUSV) and then after a quick run home, back out again for the North American Sieger Show which is the "beauty contest" for the German Shepherds. We are working that event - we will be publishing live results on the internet along with whatever "fun" candid pictures I take of the people.

So....October is going to be a very busy month! Alcohol does not fit into this picture. I would not be able to keep up if I were all hungover. I will drink O'Doul's in a pinch. I am planning a nice menu for the camper too - making sure I eat regularly is important to my craving control strategy.

Anyway...thanks for asking about me and please don't worry!

Cindi, it sounds like the spinal tap went well??? I went in search and found a couple of posts about it, but I'm sure there is information I missed about your condition. I will try to pop on and keep an eye out - it sounds like they found something in your brain but you (they) are not sure yet what it is?? I hope they get it sorted out and your treatment path identified. Mean time, it sounds like you feel better being off that one drug, and I'm sure glad to hear that. I will be thinking of you!!

Kriger I'm sure you are trucking right along too!! Hope so anyway!!

Well - that's an update. I hope everyone is meeting their sobriety goals and building a life that you love along the way.

DG
      4 months + 1 week sober
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Good to hear from you, Doggy. You sound just fantastic...I know what you mean about getting to a certain point and needing more. I stopped drinking but I have not started working on the issues I need to work on. Maybe when I feel the strength of 90 days under my belt I will be able to venture into that territory...not yet for me. I hit 60 days this coming Fri so I'm doing well. I have walked a bit but need to make it more regular to get my 35lbs off my carcus. I'm glad you came on, even if its just to say hello! We do miss you, Doggy...you are an inspiration to all of us!
        Kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Great to hear someone so positive and very interesting things to maybe do when the 'buzz' of being alc free goes.
          Has anyone heard from Ruby?
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Doggy Girl??

So nice to hear from you doggy girl. I miss your posts and I'm so glad you afe growing more and more fulfilled! :l
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Cym, Ruby went to her cabin...don't know exactly when she returns. K

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Great to hear from you, DG.......you sound good.

Don

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Yes, life is good!

And Kriger, if I miss the Friday bash, :cheering:CONGRATULATIONS ON 60 DAYS AF!! :cheering: You have done really well. Just don't fall for any AL tricks and life will continue to get better and better.

Chief, whenever AL talks naughty to me in my head, I mentally bring you out to kick his ass. I will never forget you and Satori for kicking my behind when I needed it most!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggy Girl??

great to here from you Doggy...we got AF at about the same time and i am glad to say that life is so much better for me and for you...stay in touch..
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Doggy Girl??

DG,

Thanks for checking in. So happy to hear you are doing so well and getting into a wonderful AF life.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Hi DG,
                        Glad to hear you`re doing great. Hope all goes well with your dad.

Darling x
                        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Thanks, Doggy! I can't believe Fri is 60 days...it has actually gone by rapidly....on to 90! Be well and enjoy your full life!!!!!

Comment

Doggy Girl??

Hi Doggygirl,
                            You sound so good and it is so good to hear all the great things you are doing. hope all goes well with your dad. i hope you keep us posted every now and again i just love reading your post it is so uplifting. wishing you all the best in your new hubbies and enjoy your weekend camping trip and best of luck on the beauty contest event.
                            Just one more think thanks for all your support on the booze busters.:l

Take care

Love
                            Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
                            X